Going Back To A Florida College After The Holidays

I can finally go to the beach again...

41

Being up north during the holidays is great because you get to witness snow, and you may even have the white Christmas all the holiday songs sing about. But, that is also a huge downfall. It is freezing in the north, and when you attend a college in Florida you start to become a Floridian and anything below 65 is cold to you. So you want to get back to the south as fast as possible. So here are some of my thoughts of going back to school in Florida.

1. I can not wait to get out of the cold. As soon as I walk outside here I get smacked with freezing air, but I know as soon as I get off that plane I'll be back in the warm weather.

2. Talking to friends who live in Florida year round, and you ask them if it is cold there... Their answer is something along the lines of "It's freezing here... 65° outside." At that point, I am walking around in shorts and a tank top for us northerners that is hot.

3. How the hell am I going to fit all this sh*t I got from Christmas back into my suitcase and keep it under 50 pounds? That's not going to happen since it was like 49 pounds coming home... Whatever, I'll find a way.

4. I need new winter clothes for school even though I am in Florida because my classrooms are kept at 62° and it is 80° outside, so I am cold half of the day anyway. Maybe I should go shopping...

5. Every tree looks ugly in the winter, especially if it is not a palm tree. I can't wait to get back to paradise and see the palm trees it will look like the gateway to heaven.

6. After all that feasting during the holidays, my body is definitely not ready to get back to the beach, or in a bathing suit for that matter.

7. I need to get to the gym as fast as possible and work on my fitness. Maybe I will drop the 10 pounds I gained over the holidays.

8. Since I have yet to discover all of these springs waterfalls and beaches that Florida has to offer I am going to need to buy a good camera that can take underwater pictures so I can put them all over social media as my way of bragging that I am in Florida and all my friends are stuck in the north freezing.

9. How am I going to afford anything at school when I already spent all of my Christmas money. I am not going to be able to go to the bars, or even have the money to park while I am at the beach... Dammit.

10. Everything here revolves around going to the beach as a northerner, especially because when you're home you only get to go to the beach in the summer. Even then the water is cold, but here the water is so warm. I even scheduled my classes so I have ample time to go to the beach every day, so as soon as classes gets out I will be running to get to the beach.

11. Last but not least, I can finally be reunited with my friends from all over the country again and catch up on all of our holiday stories.

12. And we'll go on all of these to-do list trips together around Florida...