Fjallraven Kanken Backpacks: Worth it?

Fjallraven Kanken Backpacks: Worth it?

Are these over-priced hippie backpacks worth the money?

369
Fjallraven Kanken Backpacks: Worth it?

Okay so here's the deal: we've all seen those Fjallraven Kanken backpacks with the fox circle patch on the front and the double strap at the top. What's all the hype with them?

Starting in the summer of 2019 (and probably earlier because I literally can't remember), "VSCO girls" became a HUGE thing. For those of you who don't know, especially those who didn't download TikTok until quarantine started, a VSCO girl is someone who wears big t-shirts and gives off the vibe that they aren't wearing pants. Other tells of being a VSCO girl are Hydroflasks, making LOTS of friendship bracelets, Birkenstocks, and of course, a mini (or full size) Fjallraven Kanken backpack (or as I like to call them, small hippie backpacks).

Around this time, these backpacks became widely popularized thanks to our best friend and favorite procrastination tool, TikTok. As a proud VSCO girl, I can definitely say that these hippie backpacks are worth it.

I own two of the backpacks, and while yes, they are very expensive and look like small squares, that they are worth it. I've had my school bag (the big one) for about two years now, and it's still in pretty good condition, despite going through a couple hiking trips and holding what feels like 80 pounds' worth of textbooks.

*Just want to preface that when I say hiking trip, I really mean climbing a small cliff or incline and eating countless packages of fruit snacks*

I bought a mini size backpack over the summer as well, and honestly, I couldn't be more pleased with it. I can play a lot of different roles with it also, including mom (where I put everyone's keys in my bag) or Dora the Explorer (when I decide to wear biker shorts and a t shirt).

Overall, I definitely think that they're worth the hype, and no this article was not sponsored, but Fjallraven can hit me up anytime.