5 Things That Will Happen Your Senior Year

How is it already senior year?

12

It's finally here: senior year. It's hard to believe that you're about to be thrust into adulthood come spring, but it's happening. While you're settling into your apartment and running around to your classes, a lot of feelings are going to flood you. Nostalgia, fear, sadness, excitement; all these emotions are going to hit you, and some harder than others. Here are some events that will happen your first few weeks back on campus.

1. Flashbacks

You're going to have flashbacks to your first move-in, your first day of class, your first college party. The first week back to school as senior is truly surreal. It will feel just like yesterday that you first step foot on your campus, and you will really empathize with the saying "time flies when you're having fun."

2. Sporadic bouts of anxiety

Now you really have to figure out how to tweak your resume, how to get those eloquent letters of recommendation, and you really have to get going on that job hunt. Or, if you are thinking of grad school, you really need to start signing up for the necessary tests and filling out applications. The real world is quickly upon you, and wow do those freshmen have it good.

3. The desire to do everything and anything

Does your college host an event that you've always wanted to go to, but have never had the time or were too lazy to seriously consider it? What about exploring town outside of campus? This is your final year, so make a bucket list with friends right away so that you can fit everything in.

4. You will start to miss your friends, even though they're all around you.

Unfortunately, there is a high chance that you and your college friends will drift once you graduate and get jobs. It's nothing personal, just how life works sometimes. You're not going to have next year to make up for lost time, so whether that be planning girls' nights weekly or becoming study buddies, keep your friends close this year and make as many senior year memories as you can.

5. You're going to become super school spirited.

Your college has hopefully provided you with the best four years ever, and you're going to have an overwhelming sense of pride. If you've never been to a certain sporting event, now is the time to go. Plus, tickets are usually free or have a student discount. It's time to appreciate your home away from home.