Five Signs That You Are Cheating On Your Cat

Am I cheating on my cat?

371
https://www.pexels.com

We all love our pets, they are little bundles of fun and love that greet us at the door with happy little noises. They have a purity of love that most humans don't have.
Yet sometimes, you need to move along in life, and if you are in college, its a physical move, and maybe this leads you to find a new buddy, sometimes while the other is left behind. This leads to my topic for today, What actually constitutes "cheating" on your cat?

Now, this can be very subjective, and some people may feel they can love all the little fluffies at the same time, but for those of you out there who are feeling a little guilty, here is a checklist for you!

1. You start to call the new cat, the "cutest" ever.

2. When you think of "your" cat, you think of the new cat first.

3. When you come back to your first cat, it can smell the new one, and gets sad.

4. When talk about your cat to friends, you reference your new cat first.

5. You feel guilty about cheating on your cat.

Now, if you are reading this, you obviously feel a little bad about it, and that's okay! You can take steps to make this better, because in the end, you are more than able to love more than one cat at a time, and equally too.

Make sure to spend time with both cats, if you did need to move, maybe think about trying to get the first cat to come and live with you! If that won't work out, or if family wants to keep it too, it might be possible to work out a system where you both keep the kitty for periods of time.
Most important however, is making sure to let the first cat know that it is still loved, usually by petting it and playing with it, just generally letting it know that even know you smell a bit different, you are still the human it knows and loves.

You can do it guys!