Five Reasons Being Away from your Family is Slightly Difficult

When you feel homesick and can't do the college thing right now, this may be why.

85
Projecturok.org

You came to college to try and face the real world on your own. Trying to do homework by yourself was a task you had ever since you started schooling so that shouldn't be too much of a family thing. However, sometimes it's more complicated than you realize and you just want your family by your side.

1. Money can be an issue.

You start off your semester with a decent amount of dollars to buy your textbooks since the food and everything else is already taken care of. All of a sudden you start ordering from anywhere that delivers or have someone drive you to your version of fast food lane because you ran out of food. Either that, or after spending most of your money on the expensive textbooks you go ahead and buy things for yourself you may think you need but actually don't

2. You have clothes to wash?

That's one other thing you need to save your money for, your laundry card, because laundry is one thing you have to learn to do on your own. Mom isn't there to do that one little chore for you anymore. The washers and dryer look evil at first but when Tide Pods and Fabric Softeners became your friends that's only half the battle. Them braking on your or something along those lines id where your war begins.

3. Do you have to keep your room clean?

It would be a nice idea to keep the room spotless as much as possible. Room inspections can be your worse nightmare with your tornado looking pigsty of a room. Even trying to get ready for class one day and not knowing where your homework ended up can be a problem down the road. Sure mom and dad kept telling you to clean it at home had you have an instant reaction of not listening or caring, but here you have to keep telling yourself to keep the room clean.

4) Hygiene is also pretty important.

You also have to tell yourself to shower, brush your teeth and so on. It doesn't matter how much time you've been caught up in with your classes and activities. Everyone has to make a good impression, and not just with personality in and out of the classrooms. People actually notice if you forgot to shower and so on and they will say behind your back that you smell like a pile of garbage.

5. Have you kept in touch?

Even when time is of the essence, it's a pretty good idea to call or message your family to tell them how you're doing. It'll feel like forever if you don't talk to them for weeks on end. Knowing most families I'm sure they would love to hear all the stories you've got to share. Who knows, they may even have a story for you about the last family gathering you've missed. they may also have not so good new that couldn't wait until the next time you see him and it may have you shed a tear or two. If it leads to you having to go home then you'll jump right into your car and floor it back to your town; or in most people's cases wait until the next day for your parents to pick you up. If it doesn't, then you tell them how much you love and miss them because you couldn't be doing this test trail of the real world without them, even mention you'll see them when your next break comes around. Believe it or not, your home sickness will go away the minute you are in their arms and welcoming you home.