Five Disney Channel shows that are underrated and you should watch

I didn't grow up with the "old Disney Channel" as many people like to say, but I think that these five shows deserve more credit than they get.

49

Now that Disney+ exists I can safely relive my childhood through all of my favorite Disney Channel shows. I definitely didn't have that much of a childhood in America because I moved here when I was nine, however, I have had my fair share of laughs and cries over some of the shows I am about to list. A lot of people would argue that the shows I am about to list aren't as good and they could never replace the "old Disney Channel," but I think these shows are highly underrated. I usually am picky when it comes to watching new shows and I rather rewatch shows than start new ones. I think that everyone should give these five shows a chance.

1. Lab Rats

Youtube

Yes, this show is cheesy. The world's first bionic superheroes? It doesn't sound like it would be a good show to watch. However, I love this show. I think that the acting is amazing and the actors have amazing chemistry together. I also give big props to the writers of this show because there are moments when the jokes and acting makes me laugh out loud. I also just think Chase is really cute and a lot of people agree with me. If you are looking for a good laugh and a laid back show with just some silly drama, I recommend Lab Rats.

2. Suite Life on Deck

Youtube

A lot of people say that Suite Life on Deck is not as funny as Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I think exactly the opposite. While Suite Life of Zack and Cody showed the twins as children, On Deck gives the viewers the ability to see the twins grow. There is some cheesy humor, and some of the jokes do get a little bit repetitive, but I think there are definitely moments where the show has its moments. My favorite episode is International Dateline and it always gives me a good laugh when I watch it.

3. Gravity Falls

Youtube

Now this show might not be as underrated but it has definitely lost its popularity over the years. I love this show because you can tell the Alex Hirsch created it to appeal it to a more mature audience. The plot lines are super interactive. I mean who doesn't love a good mystery cartoon? I also think that sometimes the plot does get a little dark and heavy, however, it is always masked with the humorous aspects. The show is a perfect mix of comedy, mystery, and cute all wrapped into one.

4. The Lodge

Youtube

I can hear people screaming at me for including this show but hear me out, it's really not that bad. I think this show is the cheesiest one on the list but it also includes some of the best eye candy as far as actors go. Plus, who doesn't love a good accent? The show is made to appeal to a teenage girl audience but I still think that there is some good plot in there. Stuff kind of gets crazy after season 1 and I love it. I recommend this show because it really isn't what you expect of a typical Disney Channel show.

5. Austin and Ally

Youtube

This show is not that underrated but I think that it's gotten a bad reputation. I think the way the producers plan out the show is super clever. Every episode is somehow connected. The way the last episode of the show is connected to the very first is what got me. I was literally sobbing when the show ended. I think that the jokes start to falter after season two, but also we get to see growth from all of the characters. I think that is what's special about shows where the actors start at a young age. the Producers are able to capture their growth with the way they shape the episodes. Austin and Ally mix fantastic comedy and drama all into one great show.