Your First Week Of College, As Told By 'Friends'

What to expect as you enter college.

14

College is such an exciting time. Many people find the first week of college to be scary and overwhelming. Between the insane amount of new people, and all of the on campus events, it can be quite intimidating. Here is your first week of college as told by "Friends".

Move in day

Move in day is probably the most exciting and stressful part of the entire first week. Take advantage of all of the students who are volunteering to help you move in!

Trying to make friends with people in your dorm

It's like kindergarten all over again! Grab a deck of playing cards and some snacks and head for the common room. Everyone is just as nervous/excited as you are.

First day of class

There's no feeling like walking into your first lecture hall. The good news is that the first day of class all you'll learn about is the class calendar and syllabus.

When your roommate isn't back from class yet vs. when they return

I hope everyone is able to have this kind of relationship with their roommate. I was lucky enough to have a roommate who I couldn't go more than a few hours without talking to, and vice versa.

When syllabus week means absolutely nothing to your professor

During the first week, there typically isn't much material covered. Everyone is still adjusting to their class schedules and the most work you should have to do is a syllabus quiz. Some professors, however, like to assign large amounts of reading and homework on the first day!

After your first trip to the campus dining hall

No one prepared me for the all you can eat dining hall food. At first, the dining hall is amazing. There are so many choices and the food isn't terrible. Give it a few weeks and you'll really miss having home cooked meals.

Your first college party

You've finally made it to the weekend and can't wait to go out with all of your new friends! Remember to have fun and be safe!