First Week At Missouri State University

First Week At Missouri State University

Coming to college has been one of the most influential experiences of my life!

48
First Week At Missouri State University

On August 11 of 2020 I started the adventure which is college! I started my day out with some breakfast then I packed up the car. My mom started early to ensure that we would have enough space and time to get to Missouri State.

We paced my clothes, snacks, bedding, and more! I was super excited but also very nervous. This was a whole new experience for me.

I would be leaving my high school friends, my home of eighteen years, and the rest of my family who lives in Saint Louis! I now had to meet my new family and friends in Springfield. My grandmother and my cousin came over to pack me up some more and it was so nice.

My grandmother even started to tear up. I said goodbye to my family and friends and hello to the college life. When I arrived in Springfield we had t answer a few questions and receive some info before me move in.

Some props to Missouri State for being so organized and safe. Not very many school followed their example and some students now already have been sent home or are strictly online. I moved into my dorm and met my roommate!

She is the best by the way so shout out to her also! That day I got situated and settled in! My mom and I went to Panda Express and got dinner which is always great!

She left for her hotel and that was when I thought I was going to go to sleep. Nope! My amazing RA suggested that we go see a movie in the PSU. So of course I did! We saw Jumanji: The Next Level, of course socially distanced! It was really good then I came back to my dorm and took a shower and got ready for my busy Wednesday.

On Wednesday I started Bear L.E.A.D. That has been one of the best experiences at Missouri State so far! I got to go around campus early and meet people I would not have known without it! I had so much fun and met some incredible leaders, friends, and possible mentors for the future!

I continued to do Bears L.E.A.D throughout the week. Then I had a meeting about a scholarship I received to go to Missouri State! A little advice, work hard in high school and you too could get a scholarship!

Throughout the week I went to events around campus. I sat outside for live music, got a henna, made friends with my room and hall mates, saw the movie Just Mercy (which if you have not seen it OMG it is amazing and definitely will make you think about how the death penalty is not an effective solution to crimes), made s'mores, went to a Belong B-Q, saw someone get married on campus right in front of me, got a succulent plant and just enjoyed being around really great people on campus! Missouri State was not my first choice but it has surprised me in many ways and I am happy to be here! i am so happy I had a warm welcome to Bear country! Let's go BEARS!!