Finals Week As Told By 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'

I'm getting the major "heebie geebies" over here!

18
Examiner

Here we are guys—the battle of our lives (aka finals). I don't know about anyone else but the fact that finals week is upon us is giving me the major "heebie geebies" and me and my scooby gang are filled with terror in the packed library and AC. But who better to ease our feelings of stress about our on-going battle than the best fighter I know: Buffy Summers. While she will be slaying vampires we will be slaying finals!

Your professors says the exam is cumulative

You're meaning to tell me that this entire semester I was supposed to retain information? How do you expect me to remember everything that has happened in class this semester and not just the things we did the last week of classes?

Halfway through the week when spirits are low

I think we all know the sleep deprived, junk food-filled, information-full point of the week where you just want to give up and close your books.

You've been in the library for 14 hours straight studying the same thing

How long have I been staring at this same page? Am I absorbing the information? If I fall asleep on this book will it just make its way into my head?

Your paper is supposed to be four pages instead of three, but you've given up on caring

We have way too much going on to care about your page length!

Your hardest final is over

Doesn't make the week easier, but it is a great moment.

Having to study on your day off

There it is, your one perfect day. No exams. Nothing to do. You can just sle—nope! How about you start cramming for another exam.

Friends trying to be encouraging about your exams

Your professor has already graded your exam before the week is over

How is it that it has taken you 14 weeks to grade an exam before, but now on the biggest exam of the semester you have it done the moment I walk out of the room?

Finding out it is a take-home exam

Leaving your hardest exam

Not being able to spend anytime with your friends during the end of the semester

Sure you might all be craming in the same room together, but what about all the memories we are supposed to be making? This is the last time we'll see eachother for three months and it's spent focusing on books, what a shame.

Not being able to party the last weekend of the year

People breaking the quiet rule

How dare you make noise while I'm cramming for my calc final! I would never...

Breaking the quiet hour...

Hey, we all make mistakes, right? I'm sorry, just please don't call Public Safety.

Realizing that not taking notes or paying attention in class has actually screwed you over

Campus Ministry putting on Free Cereal Night

Eating free cereal at 11 p.m. before finals is all I've needed in my life.

People you've never seen before taking up all of the classrooms in the AC and the library

Who are you?

Saying goodbye to everyone

Being able to start summer

Finally, summer can begin and I can get tan and shop, and think about how much I can't wait to come back to school and do it all over again with my friends.