How It Feels To Be Finishing Finals Week

We've made it to the finish line...almost.

16

It's that time of the year again. The library will be packed like never before with students preparing for finals week. Just a few more projects, exams, and papers, then we will be free to sit back and relax. Here's some final thoughts for finals week, because it seems to be such a stressful time period for many students.

Your Self-worth Is Far Greater Than Your GPA: I get it, I really do. You get all worked up about that final number so that maybe you'll graduate with honors, or high honors. We try vigorously each semester to get as many A's as we can, so that maybe we'll make the Dean's List. However, your self-worth is much more important than that final number or a piece of paper symbolizing you've made the Dean's List. You are far more valuable than your GPA. Don't beat yourself up simply because of a final number, or final letter grade.

Celebrate Small Victories: Celebrate making the Dean's List, celebrate getting that B from the most difficult class you've taken, celebrate your last final, or celebrate that you're graduating! At whatever chapter you're at in life, celebrate overcoming difficulties of the semester, and celebrate all of the hard work you've put in.

Reading Over Notes Helps: Even if it's a last minute effort before an exam, reviewing your notes has its advantages. Although it is important not to cram, life gets busy! I normally read over my notes a day or two before an exam, and then once again the morning of an exam, and it does help.

Praying For A Good Grade Doesn't Work, Praying For Peace Does: You can't pray for a good grade without putting in the effort, but you can pray that God would bring you peace. You can pray for a tranquil mind when studying, and that you may remain calm when presenting that final project.

Don't Forget To Treat Yourself: You take that bubble bath, go get that Starbucks drink you've been thinking about all day, get a massage or your nails done, go out with friends, go to the gym, take a walk to clear your mind. The point is, you need to take care of yourself because no one wants you to have a breakdown, okay?

Take time for yourself, set aside time to read over your notes or review that last big presentation you have coming up, and have confidence in yourself. You will treat yourself in some way, and you will celebrate your victories. Trust me, you will get through finals week.