If It Scares You, Good, Try It Anyway

If It Scares You, Good, Push Yourself To Try It Anyway

You'll thank yourself later.

125
Rachel Neal

I have always had two sides to who I am.

The first one is the person that wants to achieve so many things and will work my ass off to get there.

The second one is the person that wants to achieve so many things but is too scared to even try to get there because of failure or uncertainty.

There's really no in between, and I can never determine what person I'll be on a specific day. I think it all just depends on how confident I am that day.

But recently I've just been pushing myself to do every single thing that scares me.

I booked a flight to Ireland by myself. I joined so many clubs at school this semester where I'll have to take the train home later to attend the meetings. I'm starting to become way more independent than I already was, and it's kind of terrifying.

It's only been the first month of 2019, but I knew what I wanted to achieve and I told myself that if I didn't do it now, then when would I ever?

That was all the motivation I needed to put myself out there and do the things I really wanted to do.

It's still a learning process.

I still get those butterflies in my stomach when I walk into a room and don't know anyone. But, I know these experiences will only help me to grow and make me stronger.

So, if you're going through the same thing, I urge you to go out and just do it.

Make this year one where you can look back and be proud of everything you did and notice exactly everything it has given you.

My trip alone to Ireland will allow me to meet my best friend of almost 3 years. The new clubs I've joined at school will let me gain more experience and help me prosper as a person. Being more independent will only help me more in the long run.

Long story short, push yourself to try new things that scare you.

You'll thank yourself later.