Farewell Spring Break '16

Farewell Spring Break '16

Another year, another spring break.

17
Farewell Spring Break '16

Brace yourselves, the end of the semester is near but that also means spring break is over. We just had a whole week of relaxing without responsibilities, and man, what a tease!! Spring break is always a little taste of what summer will be like but when it's over we all know we have another seven more weeks of school left. Saying goodbye to things is not usually my favorite thing to do, but this time around I have to leave spring break behind and go back to reality. And I can only imagine how those of you who are graduating feel about saying goodbye to your last spring break ever (sic 'em adulthood).

Although we might be ready to take the last half of the semester by storm and get it over with, we’re still not sure if we will survive another month of classes, homework, and tests. But all we can really do is try and make it through the next seven weeks and our work here will be done (for a little while). At our age, feelings are hard to explain but I am more than sure that we can all agree on how we feel about having to leave behind one of the most precious breaks in the spring semester.

The weekend before school starts again

You are not entirely sure if this is real yet. You try to pretend it isn’t but deep inside of you, you know that this is all over. You want to enjoy the last couple of days of break, but you are not really sure if you'll be able to because all you can think about is school on Monday.

Traveling back to school

You really don’t want to do this and would rather stay in bed at home or at the beach (insert your spring break destination), but you have no other choice. School has been paid for, and you cannot throw your money away, so you better get going!

Realizing there are assignments due

Why do professors do this? I have absolutely no idea but they do and we have to deal with it. It’s a lot worst when there’s an exam scheduled so if you’re in that boat, I am so sorry. Homework, we can deal with a little better but it is still frustrating knowing that instead of actually sleeping or maybe watching Netflix on the last night of “freedom,” you are going to have to get things done.

In class Monday morning

How are students across America, who just finished spring break, function on a Monday morning after a whole week of sleeping in and having fun? Nobody will ever know.

In the end, no matter how much we want to skip class and not do our homework or study for our test we know that we have responsibilities and we just have to push through. The few weeks after spring break are always such a drag but it is up to us to make it a little less miserable. So put your thinking caps on and take the rest of the semester by storm. And don’t forget to pat yourself on the back on Monday because you’re a functioning human (I hope) and you are ready to get spring semester over with!

Happy (rest of) Spring Semester!

P.S. Remember Easter break is fast approaching so I guess it’s not all bad.