6 Reasons To Get Excited For Fall And Ignore The Fact That School Has Started

School may be starting but that means fall is coming!

111

As many of you know, many colleges and universities around the country have begun or are about to begin their academic year with the beginning of their fall semester, which can only mean one thing. The fall season is finally (thankfully) upon us! Although the fall season does bring school, which college students may not see as the most exciting thing, the fall season definitely has its perks! Here are a few reasons to help you get excited for the fall season!

1. Football

Every fall college football fans are blessed once again with regular season games, conference championship games, and since 2014, the college football playoffs. While every fall NFL football fans are blessed with regular season games that ultimately lead up to the superbowl. Whether you are watching college football or professional football, you are always going to see a great game. Now I understand that not everyone likes football. However, with football comes tailgating, and I have never met a single person that doesn't like tailgating.

2. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Now I will openly say it; I am not a fan of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte but I know that it is the drink that people around the world go insane for every fall. Therefore, for you "basic white girls" or just the general supporters out there of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, it will be making its annual appearance again here real soon.

3. Halloween

Growing up everyone has great memories of dressing up and going trick-or-treating with their friends and family, or passing out the candy once you were considered to be "too old" to collect the candy. Now as college students, I know I look forward to the costume parties and hanging out for the night with my friends. It is a great night to just take a fun break from college life and responsibilities.

4. Clothing

With fall comes colder weather and that means a closet change! Away goes the shorts, tank tops, cutoffs, and flip flops and out comes the scarves, hats, sweaters, and boots. These clothes make everyone look and feel so warm and cozy which is especially needed while walking on a college campus in Ohio. Now I understand that not everyone enjoys the cold, however, considering the blazing hot and dry summer we have had this year, the colder weather is a nice break from the heat and humidity.

5. "Fall Aesthetic"

You can't deny that the turning of the leaves isn't something to look forward to. The crunching of the leaves and the beautiful yellows, reds, and oranges that surround you as you walk outside or on campus. I can't forget to mention the fun activities the weekends bring. Things like apple picking, or going to a pumpkin patch or corn maze only come up in the fall. It is there where you can partake in hay rides while drinking apple cider or sitting by the bonfires that break the crisp night air.

6. Season of Thanks and Giving

After a "wild" and "partying" summer people are ready to settle down and embrace the second half of the year with a new selfless and a more structured attitude. Whether it is raking the leaves for your neighbor or baking a pie or some cookies for a family friend, the season of thanks and giving begins and sets a lovely tone for the fall and soon to be winter season.