7 Movies You And Your Roommate Need To Watch This Fall

Because no fall is complete without a movie marathon.

104

Movie nights in are one of the best ways to bond with your roommate. Not only do you learn a lot about what type of movies your roommate likes, but movies also facilitate many deeper conversations that can help you get to know more about the roommate in question's background. Plus, with fall right around the corner, now is the perfect time to spend cooler nights inside watching some of your favorite movies.

Halloweentown

When 13-year-old Marnie learns that she is a witch after sneaking to a magical town where her grandmother lives called Halloweentown, she is thrown into trouble and eventually saves the day. This Disney Channel classic is one of those movies that makes its appearance every year. This movie is the perfect excuse to relive all of your childhood nostalgia with your roommate.

Hocus Pocus

This is another Disney film that just never gets old during the fall months. Featuring a trio of witches resurrected from the dead by the main character Max in an attempt to impress his crush, what more could you ask from a good fall children's movie? While it may be lacking in cinematic quality, it is one of those movies you watch purely because it's on every fall.

Sleepy Hollow

The Tim Burton film based on the story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" is a scary movie featuring a headless horseman who is the suspected culprit of countless murders in the town of Sleepy Hollow. While scary movies aren't for everyone, they are the best movies to watch in preparation for Halloween, so a fall movie list wouldn't be complete without at least one.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Falling between Halloween and Christmas, this movie is always a great option. When the pumpkin king, Jack Skellington, learns about a holiday called Christmas, he is quick to make a plan to gain control of the holiday, but things don't exactly go as planned. Add "The Nightmare Before Christmas" to any roommate movie night from now until Christmas to mix things up a bit from the traditional fall film.

Harry Potter

While this movie doesn't necessarily fit with the other fall movies on the list, fall is just as great of a time to watch Harry Potter as any. In case you have been living under a rock and are not familiar with the plot line of Harry Potter, it's essentially the tale of an orphaned boy named Harry learning he is a wizard and his coming-of-age story as he tries to navigate all of the things that come with his powers of wizardry.

Ghostbusters

Nothing screams fall and Halloween quite like "Ghostbusters." This classic is the perfect addition to any fall night in with your roomie. "Ghostbusters" manages to mix the supernatural and comedy, creating the perfect pairing when you aren't in the mood for something scary but still want to feel all the fall vibes.

The Sixth Sense

This M. Night Shyamalan movie is a perfect possibility for any movie night this fall. Even though the surprise ending may not really be a surprise by now, it is still a great creepy movie to watch this fall season.

Grab some popcorn, your favorite fuzzy blanket and your roommate and prepare for a movie marathon that screams fall.