5 Fall Staples Every Minimalist Needs

5 Fall Staples Every Minimalist Needs For The Ultimate Autumn Wardrobe

Cheers to the season of layers and sweaters.

152

I get bored with my closet a lot so I've done a lot of research to find ways to upgrade my outfits without breaking the bank.

Eventually, I found some closet staples that I think can really make an outfit look really put together, without a lot of effort or cost.

Here are some closet staples you should invest in this fall to style your outfits in a whole new way.

A long-sleeve shirt

gray and white long sleeve shirt

Unsplash

With the weather getting colder, I sometimes find myself disappointed that I can't wear my favorite oversize T-shirt outside anymore. As a solution, I've started layering and adding a long-sleeved shirt underneath and it is a total game-changer. Suddenly, I'm able to take advantage of so much more of my closet by just adding a simple layer.

Belt

person wearing gray shirt and black leather belt

Unsplash

There's something about wearing a belt that makes your outfit look so much more put together.

Turtleneck

woman wearing pink turtleneck shirt

Unsplash

Whether it's a shirt or sweater, nothing says fall better than a cute turtleneck. They're super cozy and look great with any jacket or pair of jeans. Bonus points if you wear stacked necklaces on top!

Collared shirt

white and brown clothes hanger

Unsplash

This is another example of how layering is one of the best ways you can transform pieces in your closet. Wearing a collard shirt under a crewneck has become a pretty popular trend lately, and I can definitely see why.

This super simple addition can make your outfit look completely different, giving you yet another way to wear your favorite crewneck.

Oversized Blazer

woman smiling wearing blazer with left hand in her pocket

Unsplash

Wearing an oversized blazer as a jacket can take your outfit from plain to classy in no time. I've found some really cute and casual blazers that I wear over everything now. Even with a simple top and jeans, this blazer makes you look so put together and stylish.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.