Facts That Prove 2016 Wasn't So Bad

Facts That Prove 2016 Wasn't So Bad

What a time to be alive.

21
Facts That Prove 2016 Wasn't So Bad
MLB

2016. Hands down one of the craziest years most of us have ever seen. Celebrities we love were taken too soon, and the weirdest presidential election that has happened in a long time. As the year came to a close, I have seen a lot of negativity on social media. I mean people really hated this past year.

People took all their feelings to twitter and really let the year know how they felt:

Some sad things happened in 2016. But 2016 wasn't a horrible year, in fact, there were some really good things that happened this year.

Here are some facts that prove 2016 wasn't such a bad year after all:

1. 2.3 Million couples got married this year. That's nearly 6,200 weddings a day.

2. Over 142,283,100 babies were born this year.

3. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time since 1908.

4. Global child mortality rates declined and are continuing to decline.

5. Funding from the "Ice bucket Challenge" helped researchers identify a new ALS gene.

6. Pandas were taken off the endangered list.

Here's to 2017, and better moments to come