Expression Through The Art Of Music

Expression Through The Art Of Music

There are many forms of art that people like to express themselves in.

1137
Expression Through The Art Of Music

There are many forms of art that people like to express themselves in. Whether it be music, art, teaching, theatre, or even in sports, everyone has a certain niche about themselves that they like to express the inner parts of themselves.

My expression happens to be music. I just started loving the game of music, preferably hip-hop/rap. I have been thoroughly listening to hip-hop since I was 14 years old. Anything that comes across as catchy, memorable, nostalgic, heart-warming, or head bopping, that is the type of music that is great.

Music is a complex art form, that only few so can be perfect at. It takes many(hopefully 2-3) years for artists to really garner recognition, and everything that comes with it(i.e. sex, money, acclaim, awards).

In order to be a successful, relevant and a great artist, you gotta be the total package. There has to be versatility, consistency and validity in how you express your music to the world. You cannot have any hiccups, and you better know your lyrics, because some artists cannot even recollect a lyric they wrote many years ago.

You have to be able to sing good, write good, rap good and deliver good. Basically you have to spit out gold everyday of your life, even when you are singing in the shower. It is constant nonstop greatness, that only a select few possess. Because you can have an idea wherever you are in life.

You can have an idea while you are on the bus riding to school, on long car road trips, taking exams and even when you are sleeping. God can just provide you a vision through your dreams and say, "here use this my son. Put this in your song, and it will bring you good fortune.

But there is one thing that I have a problem with in the music industry and life in the grand scheme of things.

It is the fact that the world tells you how you should write your music...and that irks me to my core.

I greatly do not appreciate individuals whom share their advice, on how to make a great beat or a great song, when they have no bearings in the music game. My outside constituents would tell me, "you need to make a song like this. I like hearing songs that goes like this. I do not like hearing profanity in my music. This song is not going to make me feel good."

Well newsflash, the music was not intended to make you feel good. Sometimes the music we make as artists, are not intended to make the listeners feel good. it is intended for the artist to channel his emotions, conjure up his inner feelings that cannot be displayed. Because the world denies of us ever expressing how we truly feel.

If we do that the world will think that we are weak for showing emotion, because that makes them feel uncomfortable. We were supposed to turn the other cheek, keep your emotions and cries concealed, and let it go. And I am not sorry, because I am going to show my emotion, whether you like it or not!!!!

I love to show emotion through my music!!!

I am pretty sure that Leonardo Da Vinci did not have anyone in his hear saying, "hey paint the Mona Lisa like this, or put her nose this way." Michelangelo did not have anyone by his side speaking, "you painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel wrong. What you were thinking, Michelangelo?"

Da Vinci and Michelangelo painted what came through their heart, not what others wanted to see. They were not trying to perceive what others would approve of. They were just creating as it came through their mind. And by God, both pieces came out as the master of peace. Both are masterpieces.

But I am not a master of peace. I can be unruly and crazy at times. I have thoughts that do not align with how everyone else thinks. And I am perfectly fine with that. This is what drives the narrative in my lyrics that has no ceiling.

That is why I have respect for the new wave or artists!!!

I have respect for the new wave of artists!! Even the new wave of rappers!!! Guys like Lil Yachty, Lil Pump, and Lil Uzi Vert, especially Lil Uzi Vert. They are expressing how they feel through music. Sure, it may not be the type of music that your old pops would listen to, but it is the type of music that you like to listen to. They may not be my type of music, but I am glad they are making someone else feel better about themselves.

Whether it is helping a fan get through depression, or helping a girl/guy overcome heartbreak, there is music for everybody out there.

But it is up to us, the artist, to create the story. You all cannot create the story for us!!!

We will create the story. We will do the mixing and mastering. We will pour our emotions into it, and leave reflecting on what just happened. And when we release the music, the real ones will come out and play. Everyone can have a fan base, but no one can have a fan base that is geared towards making everyone feel satisfied.

That will never happen, and it should not happen. But whatever you guys get from music, I just hope it is something that is inspiring, breath-taking and motivating for you to do great things in life.

Artist Michael Covington Out!!!!!!