5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Study Abroad

Talk about an adventure of a lifetime.

6
Danielle Church

It seems like nowadays people always study abroad in college. And why wouldn't they? There are so many reasons that it will turn out to be one of the best experiences you ever have.

There's no such thing as bad food abroad.

Everything, and I mean everything, is good. It's all made from scratch and you get to experience a country's authentic food that you normally wouldn't get in the United States. Even the pickiest eaters will agree (coming from experience). Plus if you go to Europe, there's excellent gelato all around. Not kidding, it seems like every time you turn around there's a gelato shop. #gelatofordayz

The views.

Breathtaking. Need I say more?

The language.

English isn't the only language in the world. It's important that people understand that and when you get to experience what it's like being the minority in another country, it makes you appreciate the diversity that much more. You not only can potentially learn another language, but you could also enjoy the beauty in hearing other people's accents.

Your group becomes a mini family.

One of the most nerve-wracking parts about studying abroad is that you are going to be in a new country with people that you don't really know. However, that's also one of the best parts about it. Studying abroad is an experience you get to have with a group of people that will connect you all in a way no other experience really could. You guys will have your ups and downs but in the end, your study abroad group can become some of your closest new friends. They are your family away from home and you will build an unbreakable bond.

You're probably already in debt anyway, so f*** it.

Unless you're one of those people who was fortunate enough to get a full ride or a lot of scholarships, you're probably going to be in student debt for a long time anyway. Why not make the debt, at least, worth it and see the world in the process? There's so much of the world to see and we shouldn't waste any more time making excuses for why we can't experience everything it has to offer.

So if you get the chance to study abroad, do it. It will be a life changing experience and I promise you won't regret it.