Re-evaluating Your Decisions

Re-evaluating Your Decisions

It's time to take a step back and reflect on what matters

416
Re-evaluating Your Decisions
Kian Krashesky

For a few months, I have been absent from writing on the Odyssey but have finally decided to end my hiatus. This past semester has thrown a lot of curve balls my way and I have changed my mind more than I ever have before. I usually describe myself as a "safety net" type of person. If my life does not have structure, I tend to shut down. Many difficult choices came my way and I had to choose what was worth sacrificing. This forced me to reflect the fact that life is unexpected and sometimes it is okay to take a pause to assess your situation. I felt as though I was loosing who I was as a person. Things that used to make me happy started to stress me out. Yet, time heals all wounds and I surely, but slowly am grounding myself again.

One valuable lesson I have learned during this chaotic journey is to take the days as they come. Of course it helps to plan ahead, but we cannot always be certain that there is a future. Additionally, never take your talents for granted. Even when your self worth is diminished, stay hopeful that the best is yet to come.

When all hell breaks loose, emerge yourself in hobbies you are passionate about and spend time with positive people. All of these things can take your gray days and make them shine brighter. Just repeat to yourself that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes our seemingly small plans fall into a greater scheme. No matter how wonky life gets, even so crazy it feels like a bad joke: Keep. Pushing. Forward. You are not a quitter, you are a fighter. Ultimately, you will learn what true strength is. It resides in each and every one of us, without a doubt.

So thank you to my friends and family that always believed and had faith in both me and my abilities. Thank you to theatre for giving me a stage to break away and be someone else for a change. Thank you to sunsets for allowing me a blank canvas each day. Lastly, thank you Odyssey for giving me an outlet to express my grief and hardships. Without this darkness that occur, I would have never been able to see the brightness all around me. I am getting back on track with my life and am more determined than ever to be superior. Also, I am done holding back and staying quite when I was meant to be bold. I am worth expressing myself and no part of me is worth staying a secret.

"It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future but we don't know if there is one." -George Harrison