You Can't Enjoy Life If You're Worrying About Everyone Else

You Can't Enjoy Your Life If You're Too Busy Worrying About Everyone Else's

Comparing yourself to others? Judging people? Let 2019 be the first year to avoid those.

120
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-black-long-sleeved-shirt-sitting-on-green-grass-field-near-mountain-under-cloudy-sky-691919/

It's a new year. Is it "new you", too? If so, cool. If not, let's talk.

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of compare and contrast going on between family members and between friends of mine. I don't enjoy seeing this, because it creates a ton of problems in which they don't want to face. But it's too addicting to compare themselves to others.

Newsflash for you. You can't enjoy your life to the fullest if you're too busy worrying about everyone else.

Social media is the perfect sweet trap for stuff like this. Someone sees an engagement and immediately gets jealous because the rock isn't as big as theirs. Someone notices weight loss and then wishes they had that body. Someone looks at a family and then lists all the negative things about why that family may or may not be more successful than theirs.

All of this is silly and should be stopped as soon as possible. Why? Because it's disappointing, annoying, and quite toxic to deal with. Once you start, you can't stop.

Get into a nice habit of complimenting yourself every once in a while. Say something nice to these people online or on the phone, instead of insulting their choices publicly for the rest of their friends to see.

If you're already preoccupied with the idea of bashing others and mad hard judging them for their accomplishments, you've got a problem and you're not living your best life. Hate to break it to you there.

You live your life to the fullest when all judgment ends, when all fighting stops, and when all tears turn to smiles and laughs. Be happy for someone for once, but don't wish for anything. You have what you have, and while your brain is too obsessed with finding every little bad thing about everything, you'll run out of time to enjoy the good things in life.

So, while this new year starts up for all of us, consider this a perfect opportunity for a fresh start. Stop the jealousy, hate, and judgment. Enjoy this year with the people you love. Enjoy your own life on your own terms.