5 Reasons Why English Majors Are The Best Texters

Everyone else should take notes!

14

Communicating with other people has been around since the beginning of time. What's changed since then is how people communicate with each other. It started with oral, face to face communication. It moved on to writing things down for others to be able to read generations down the line. Technology came around and made it possible to communicate on the internet through email, chat systems and, later, social media. Also, phones in general, but smart phones specifically, make this super easy. Texting is an extremely common way for people to communicate with each other quickly, easily and effectively. Here's why English majors are the best texters!

1. We know the difference between your and you're and there, their and they're

Sometimes, with a few people, I wonder what they did during all of the grammar lessons during school. They obviously weren't paying attention.

2. We spell words out fully 99% of the time.

If there's one thing that annoys me more than anything else when it comes to texting, it's that not everyone spells out every word in the sentences. Seriously, it's not that hard. I have even seen people attempt to abbreviate words and only one letter is missing to make the full word. ONE. Come on people! It makes so much more sense to type out what you want to say fully. It does not take that long either. Just do it.

3. We are able to say a lot in only a few words.

Not to say that no one else can do this but I think English majors excel at it.

4. Our balance is perfection.

We definitely know when we are texting so much and we know when we aren't texting enough. I mean, written communication is our forte! If we are not incredible at it, we fail.

5. We are experts at seeing where the conversation is going.

Is the conversation dull? We will either attempt to spice it up or just end it. If it's going really well then we will certainly help it stay that way. Does someone seem like they need a pick-me-up? Got it. Emoji's are our best friends too - we are basically experts at using them.