A letter to my ex best friend.

To My Ex-Best Friend, I'm Sorry I Let You Have Such An Impact On My Life

Everything I've wanted to say to you after you left.

925

To my ex-best friend,

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that you thought I wasn't good enough. I'm sorry that you wouldn't give me another chance, I'm sorry that you wouldn't give me the time of day.

I'm sorry for the way you made me feel after we talked at the park. When you said you were "done" and that you didn't want me anymore, that you didn't even want to talk, or even make eye contact.

I'm sorry for the tears I cried over you, and for all the double chocolate brownie ice cream I consumed over you.

I'm sorry that as we sat in AP Psychology class, you being all the way across the room, all I could think about was coming over and telling you the funny thing that happened this morning.

But guess what? I can't. I can't because you won't even look at me. Even though there were a million open seats next to me, you chose the one furthest away. I'm sorry that I'm so awful that you can't even sit by me for a fifty-minute class period.

I'm sorry that I was so nice to give you an answer to the study guide question for our AP test. You were nice and said, "thanks" but I got my hopes up thinking maybe we would talk again. I'm sorry I was so stupid.

I'm sorry that our three years of suffering through Cross Country together, causing us to grow closer, meant nothing to you. Or the laughs that we shared in Geometry class.

I'm sorry that you were so weak that you had to believe someone else's rumors about me that weren't even true. Someone who would stab you in the back the first chance they got. I'm sorry I wasn't as important as that person's opinion.

Most of all, I'm sorry that you thought you got the best of me. I'm sorry that you thought you were so important that my life would just be over because I lost you. For a while, I thought it was, and I'm sorry I let you have so much impact on me. However, now, I'm better off without you, and I'm sorry you thought I wouldn't be.