The Election of Hate
Politics

The Election of Hate

Less than five weeks for Clinton and Trump to stop their bickering

9
The Election of Hate
Yahoo News

With less than five weeks to go to elect our next president, people around the world are trying to determine which candidate they hate less. In an election primarily based on nastiness, mistrust and spitefulness, can you blame them?

In a poll by NBC News , SIX in 10 Americans either disliked or hated Clinton and Trump. More than half the country despises the ONLY two choices for the next president of their country. In fact, FiveThirtyEight released a chart that showed both Trump and Clinton are the most hated candidates in U.S. HISTORY.

Why is there so much dislike for these candidates? Well, each candidate comes from both admirable actions and bad behavior. Clinton achieved top levels of public service as first lady, U.S. senator and Secretary of State, while Trump has been praised as a real estate mogul, businessman and TV personality.

BUT as we’ve seen more times than not, people, including Trump and Clinton with each other, focus more on the bad behaviors than their praiseworthy actions. Trump spits insults like it’s his job, insulting nearly every race and gender that isn't his own, deeming him a racist, misogynist, authoritarian and narcissist. Not to mention, he has gone bankrupt multiple times, refuses to release his tax returns (most likely because he hasn’t paid them) and scammed his customers out of money. On the other hand, Clinton is mistrusted for her handling of classified State Department information on a private email server, the Benghazi hearings, and the almost ancient Whitewater scandal.

Okay so they both have screwed up multiple times, what is the big deal? The big deal is that the two of them use debates as a way to consistently remind each other of all the times the other has screwed up. Shouldn’t the debates be about what changes are going to be made for our country? Instead of discussing real world issues, we have two school kids bickering over who is right and who is wrong.

If these people can’t find the intelligence to swallow their pride, give up the past and fight fairly, neither of them should be running our country and I don’t blame half the country for hating them too.