Eight Reasons To See Gone Girl

Eight Reasons To See Gone Girl

11
Eight Reasons To See Gone Girl

After waiting at the movie theater for two hours, I must say that Gone Girl was absolutely worth the wait. 

Having arrived 45 minutes before the 9:15 showing, I was informed that it was sold out. Not to be deterred, I got tickets for the 10:40 showing and found myself planted on a barstool for the next two hours. Critics would not stop raving about Gone Girl, and even though I refuse to see any movie without having read the book first, I broke down and saw it on opening night. I will try not to include any spoilers, but what I write may give away subtle hints so be aware! I have a love for movies, and if you do too, you won’t be disappointed.

Minkus: Minkus plays a cop. A cop. If you don’t know who Stuart Minkus is then you didn’t have a childhood and I feel sorry for you.

You will root for all the characters: At first when the story begins to unfold, you will really be on the fence about whose team you want to be on, because no character is one-hundred percent good. However, as the story goes on, you will realize how each character, big and small, begins to grow on you.

“It will leave you on the edge of your seat”: I am not a huge fan of movie clichés, but this one has never been more true. The whole time you are constantly wondering what is going to happen next. 

The “Blurred Lines” girl is in it: And yes, you see her boobs… 

Neil Patrick Harris: Neil Patrick Harris plays a somewhat small, yet supremely important role. Half the audience is terrified of his motives while the other half can’t figure out when the next time Barney Stinson is gonna come on. 

There is a romance component: For girls or even guys wanting a bit of a lovey kind of feel to it, there is some of that in there too. Also, it is enough to keep a girl interested, but not too much that tough guys will zone out. 

The Ending: It won’t make you feel fuzzy and warm inside, instead, it will leave you thinking about it for the rest of the night.

Both parties will be satisfied: At last, a movie that all genders can enjoy together!