Wake-Up Makeup For An Effortless Morning Routine

Because sleeping in is always the best idea.

240

The art of looking put together while putting in minimal effort is an aspiration that all college girls share. From tackling endless amounts of homework to keeping up with work and extracurricular activities, putting on a full face every day just seems exhausting and unrealistic. For the girls out there looking to simplify your morning routine and maximize the use of the snooze setting on your alarm, look no further!

For The Minimalist

This routine is ideal for anyone who is more of a 'skincare instead of makeup' kind of girl. Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. Using a foam cleanser is less abrasive on the skin and is ideal in the morning to reduce redness. Next, apply a BHA toner to balance your skin and prevent oil buildup. The COSRX toner is a great dupe for the popular Glossier Solution, and it feels just like water when you put it on. After this, spritz on the green Mario Badescu facial spray to add a natural glow. In my experience, this formula is superior to the rose water spray because you will actually see a noticeable difference in your skin. To finish, apply mascara, brow gel, and a highlighter.

When You Need Extra Coverage But Don't Have Extra Time

Foundation isn't necessarily what you would think of as an "effortless morning routine" but when you wear the right kind, the application process is super easy. After struggling with acne and trying to find a brand that worked for me, I finally discovered the IT Cosmetics CC Cream. This is truly a game changer because you can use your hands to apply and blend it, and your makeup will still come out looking flawless. You will never have to waste your time with special brushes or a beauty blender again! To finish the look, apply mascara and make it to class on time because you only spent ten minutes on your entire makeup routine.

How To Make It Look Like You Actually Slept Last Night

Here's how you can still look presentable when you are running on no sleep: To combat dark circles, apply the IT Cosmetics Concealer under your eyes and blend it down your face with your fingers. Next, use any bronzer of your choice to give yourself some much need color and to avoid looking pale. If you have extra time, apply highlighter to fake a natural glow and mascara to make your eyes look bigger. Be sure to put some highlight on the inner corner of your eyes and just under your eyebrows to further help your eyes look more awake. Before you leave your room, spritz on a moisturizing facial spray to give your makeup a dewy finish and to ensure that your tired skin won't crease your concealer.

An Easy Way To Add A Pop Of Color

To switch up your basic routine without wasting time, pick a color to center your makeup around. For a rose gold glow, use the Milani Baked Blush in the shade "luminoso" as both a blush and eyeshadow. Apply a pink lipstick to complement this shade of blush and to complete this "pink" look. Another way to double your use of the same product is by using the highlighter as eyeshadow. If your skin tone looks better with cool tones, invest in the Moonchild Glow Kit. This versatile set of jewel tones will provide endless eyeshadow/highlight combinations.