Dunkin Donuts 4 Life

Dunkin Donuts 4 Life

I'm not rich.

50
Dunkin Donuts 4 Life
Huffington Post

About a week ago, I went to Starbucks Coffee and got my first coffee from there, ever. My wonderful Nana had sent me a gift card in the mail because she knew that I have been having a pretty bad week. I am from New Hampshire (next to Maine, above Massachusetts for those of you who don't know New England) so obviously, I have always preferred Dunkin' Donuts (A staple of New England) over Starbucks.

As I walked into this new territory, I walked towards the menu, and my friend read it out loud to me (I have very poor eyesight and also hate to wear my glasses). I decided to try a medium (or as they call it, grande) white something coffee. I think it was mocha? I also got a shot of caramel because, when in doubt, add caramel, am I right? Anyway, I also grabbed a plastic, reusable cup that was only two dollars because I love the environment. My friend got a grande frozen something and it looked pretty good, to be honest.

This is the part that killed me -- the two coffees, one in a reusable cup, cost a total of ELEVEN DOLLARS. Now, I did have a gift card, so luckily I didn't have to pay with actual cash, but I know at Dunks, I could have easily gotten at least four medium coffees for the same price. The coffee I had was okay tasting, but I just felt so guilty because I was drinking pure gold apparently.

I needed to wash that Starbucks down with some Dunkin' Dark Roast if you know what I mean. The age old question remains, what kind of person prefers Starbucks over Dunks? Obviously a rich individual.