Drunk In Love

Valentine’s Day is always held in either two regards; couples thinking they’re in love--usually just in lust--enjoying the excuse to overshare how “happy” they are on social media and to very pissed off single people blocking 50% of their news feed. Either way, both extreme feelings can only be enhanced with alcohol. Whether you’re happily coupled or sexily single, I don’t see why the day has to go by soberly. Make these drinks for him and he’ll be wrapped around your finger. Make these drinks for her and she’ll be wrapped around your body. Make these drinks for yourself and you probably be wrapped around your toilet the next day. Here are six drinks guaranteed to make your V-Day just that much better...or at least tolerable.

For the Couples:

1. Bésame (Kiss me)

Ingredients:

·         2 lime wedges

·         6-5 raspberries

·         1 ½ oz Agevero

·         Passion fruit juice

·         Dash of Chambord

If the goal is to be kissed at some point of the night then this is the perfect drink for you. Delicious fruity tastes combined with a sexy Spanish name are guaranteed to set the mood for you and your partner. Disfruta.

Virgin: Kiss your hand or the poster of the bikini-clad girl on your wall. I know, it feels like she’s almost there with you, no judgment.

1. Ménage a XXX

Ingredients:

·         1 oz XXX Shine Salted Caramel Whiskey

·         1 oz Trés Leches Cream Liqueur

·         ½ oz dark Crème de Cacao Liqueur

·         ½ oz white Crème de Cacao Liqueur

·         Chocolate Syrup for rimming

Nothing is sexier than a delicious drink with your hot date that has a hot name. The mix of the salted whiskey paired with the sweet liqueurs is sure to be a hit at the pregame before her sorority’s crush party. She’ll be the envy of all the other girls whose dates resorted to that $15 dollar pink champagne. Amateurs.

Virgin: Go google ménage à trois. You’re very welcome.

1. Happily Ever After Cocktail

Ingredients:

·         ¼ oz Rhum J.M. Blanc

·         ¾ oz Cvnar

·         ¾ oz Cherry Heering

·         ¼ oz Averna

·         2 Dash Rhubarb Bitters

This is so cute! Just look at the name. This drink could taste horrible and she would still pretend to love it. Fortunately for you, these labels are delicious and just unfamiliar enough to make it seem exclusive and feign the act of effort.

Virgin: Go re-read your twilight books.

For the Forever alones:

1. Cupid’s Broken Arrow

Ingredients:

·         3 oz Three Olives Mango Vodka

·         ½ oz Triple Sec

·         1 oz Cranberry Juice

·         Splash of Fresh Lime Juice

If you drink two of these babies, you’ll start reasoning why it’s so much better to be single than in a relationship. Mixing the fruit flavors with the vodka is delicious and just girly enough to remind you that there is no man in your life. Yikes.

Virgin: There are other types of vodka besides Burnette’s? Who Knew?

1. F*** You Cocktail

·         1 oz Tequila

·         1 oz Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey

·         1 oz Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey

·         1 oz Goldschlager Cinnamon Schnapps

·         1 oz rum

·         1 oz Blueberry Schnapps

For the sassiest of drunks, here is your diva drink. This one is very powerful but also very tolerable in taste so proceed with caution. If you decide to make this your poison for the night please be responsible and just delete your ex’s number at the beginning of the night.

Virgin: Don’t tell your parents you said a swear word!

1. Broken Heart Cocktail

Ingredients:

·         1 splash Grenadine

·         2 oz Orange Juice

·         1 oz vodka

·         1 oz Chambord Raspberry Liqueur

This cocktail is probably the yummiest of the bunch. The liqueur and juice combos hide the taste of the vodka nicely to ensure good taste but will still see you on your way to happy black-out town.

Virgin: Grab a glass of orange juice, your twilight books and let your momma know she’s the best valentine in the whole wide world.