Dreaming Of Peace

Dreaming Of Peace

Dreaming of the day where we will be a unified nation again.

16
Dreaming Of Peace

“Holy Spirit you are welcome here. Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere. Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for. To be overcome by Your presence Lord.” Six months ago before I left for college I remember sitting in my bed having one of those “to go to bed or watch tv” moments when my eyes crossed over a sign with the previous lyrics on it. The sign was given to me as a graduation present and had been sitting in my room waiting to be hung in my dorm in August. I’ve sang the lyrics to this song and read them on this particular sign what seems like millions of times, but that night I felt as if they were coming to life more than ever.

Over the past few years our country has faced many unfortunate events that have led to a nation wide outcry. It seems as if every day something else has happened that leaves our country devastated and heart broken. As a result of all that has happened, there has been an enormous amount of hatred swirling in the air around us. But hating each other, killing each other-- that is not the answer. Lucky for us we have an answer, if only we would choose to acknowledge it.

JESUS is the answer. LOVE is the answer. Over 2,000 years ago when Jesus hung on the cross, He didn't just do it for me. He didn't just do it for you. He did it for ALL of us. It doesn't matter what color you are, where you're from, how much money you have, how old you are, or how young you are. He loves each one of us the exact same.

In Mark 12, Jesus was asked what the most important commandment was. His answer is something that we should all live by if not today more than ever. Jesus answered “The most important one is this: ‘Hear O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” We aren’t on this Earth to hate each other and bring each other down. We are called to love one another, to love Him and to live in unity to worship Him and further His kingdom.

As we are moving into this new year, I pray the lyrics of this song will be more real than ever. I pray that this country will be filled with the Holy Spirit like never before and that there will be a new air that we breathe. I pray that we become a nation grounded on His word. I pray over our new President/Vice President and everyone else in the American government that they will seek His guidance and strive to set an example for the American people to live by. I pray for the people of this land, that we will rise up become one. We don't all have to agree with each other, we don't have to all talk to each other, but we should all love one another. Until we can do this, nothing will get better. A nation without Jesus at the center is a nation without peace.

-LG