Why Do We Keep Saying When One Door Closes Another Door Opens?

Does over simplifying what's happening in our lives make it easier?

53
Unsplash Peter Hershey

I’m not a fan of the line, when one door closes, another one opens. It doesn't help, ever. It’s too vague and there’s too many unexplained circumstances about these damn doors.

One door might close, but that doesn't mean another door instantly appears out of nowhere and is open for you to stroll right into. There’s gonna be some kind of of a lull period. You could be standing in the hallway for quite some time before the other door appears. Could be hours, a week, or perhaps a year. So you shouldn’t be waiting around for this so called door. Go walk down the hall and find one for yourself.

The other door could be hidden. No one ever told you about the other part of the hallway around the corner. Maybe your hallway is dark and gloomy. but there is definitely a bright, well lit, hallway around the corner. Go wander down your lame hallway until you find the one you're looking for.

There could be a line in front of the door you originally wanted to enter. You’re better than that. Ain’t nobody has time to wait in line at a door that probably isn't even worth walking by. Why would you want to bother when the door has loose security and lets pretty much anyone explore whatever it is inside that door?

You could be standing in the doorframe of the first door leaning into the hallway looking to see if there is another door. Just make sure the first door doesn’t get mad you’re doing this.

You could have 3 doors that you left slightly ajar as you’re wandering in the hallway to see if you come across a new open door. Maybe none of the slightly ajar doors ever opened up to you, so you;re searching for that door that will open up to you. Nothing wrong with that.

You could have gotten stuck in a revolving door, Then what do you do? The only person who can save yourself if you. Don’t rely on the repair man to come by and stop the door so you can get out. Think. And get yourself out.

There is no more cut and dry one door closed, one door open. Therefore the over said phrase doesn’t help when you hear it. Sure, your friends are probably saying it to help you feel better, but think of a solution instead of dwelling on some abstract idea. Go find the fancy door you’ve always wanted to walk through.

You do you.