Do Not Let College Scare You

Do Not Let College Scare You

This is your experience.

25
Do Not Let College Scare You
Unsplash

I know so many people who struggle so hard with college. They fall into the wrong hands and end up partying. They take well over there work load and can not juggle it all. Or they just have a bad class and a bad professor and it makes them want to quit. For myself personally, I lost interest in it.

I didn't wanna be in school anymore. I found myself not trying, not focusing. I had a bad class, with an awful teacher and that is what pushed me to leave Clinton Community College. It didn't help that I learned I would have had to stay an extra semester to finish. I felt like I failed. I couldn't believe that everyone I started college with would be graduating and I was still going to have to be there. Clinton wasn't the place for me, so I decided to be very brave and pull myself from classes. I decided that it was time to do something different.

I took a semester off, and I was beyond scared. I felt stupid. I was quitting and I never quit. I explored my options. Did a lot of working, thought about things and here I am about to start at Plattsburgh State University. This is going to be a whole new ball game. A big girl school. But I am very excited to continue on with this degree. And although I will complain the entire time. And I will struggle. I am happy to be back to being productive. So if you're ever feeling like what you're doing isn't working. Do something else. That's the cool thing about college, it isn't a race. Everyone finishes at their own pace and everyone does different things with their lives. So live your adventure and push hard for yourself. You're never failing.