Why I Don't Keep Up With The Kardashians

Another episode, another headache.

70

Everywhere I look, I feel like I’m surrounded by the Kardashians. Kim posts another nude, Kylie’s lips somehow got bigger, and Kendall did another catwalk in a fashion show. I scroll through my social media and this is all I see. Honestly, I could care less about the Kardashians and I have many reasons why.

Believe me when I say I’ve tried to like them. I really have. My college roommate was obsessed with them and I sat through half an episode. I didn’t have other plans or homework to do that prevented me from watching it. It's just that I couldn’t handle it. All their “problems” are nothing I’m interested in hearing.

They sit in their gorgeous mansions and go on great vacations while being surrounded by money and fame. I tough through money problems everyday while Kim is crying because she lost an earring in the ocean, which is a place I would give anything to be right now, by the way.

Not only are they annoying with their money, they are annoying with how they think they are influential women. I saw the response Kim had to her nude a few weeks ago.

She posted a response that included her saying, “I don’t want her to grow up in a world where she is made to feel less-than for embracing everything it means to be a woman,” referring to her daughter.

Apparently to Kim, everything it means to be a woman is to strip naked and post it for everyone to see. However, being a woman is so much more than that.

Also, she tells women to not be ashamed of their bodies, but she has had plastic surgery done. Seems contradictory to me.

Kylie is also a large part of the news. She just turned 18 and already has a mansion to herself. While it may seem I'm just bitter, because I’m only a year older but struggle to be able to afford enough groceries for the week, I just don’t think she's contributing to anything other than being a famous girl that gets tons of likes on Instagram.

Along with the rest of the Kardashians, they use their looks and money to gain popularity, which I haven't fallen victim to. Perhaps if they used their power to actually make a difference, instead of creating a game for iPhones or influencing teen girls to suck in a bottle until their lips are ridiculously swollen, I would have more respect for them.

Personally, I find no interest in watching a show that has a bunch of rich girls whining over rich girl problems. I may not know all the facts about their lives, but from what I’ve seen, I know I don’t want to see anymore.

So no, I will not be keeping up with the Kardashians this week, or ever, for that matter.