Let's Get One Things Straight, Christmas Fanatics — Please Let Me Enjoy The Holidays Beforehand

Halloween is important, and please let me swim in gravy on Thanksgiving, too.

130

I get it, Christmas is magical. I don't want this article to make me sound like the Grinch. I am a huge Christmas fan, however, I'm also a huge Halloween fan and an even bigger Thanksgiving fan!

Halloween is truly a special holiday. Other than it being an excuse for college students to drink for an entire week or so, it is one that's brought me joy for many years. I remember being a little girl and meeting up at "the circle" to go trick or treating with my friends, parents, and their parents. When I was even younger, I lived on a culdesac and the parents would sit out in their lawn chairs and hand out candy that way.

Both ways, I got candy and I was a happy camper. Both of these memories bring me nothing but joy, which makes Halloween a nostalgic holiday. Also, now I'm on team "let's get SPOOKY" (but not spooky enough to change my Twitter handle).

Now, the real winner here is Thanksgiving. There is nothing better than sitting around the table with all of the people that you love. I've been blessed to have friends-givings too. Which might be one of the best things that have ever happened. Teenagers have used Thanksgiving to celebrate and be thankful for one another, which is fantastic. And Adults? Well, they've had Thanksgiving handled forever. I'm convinced there's a training manual for that stuff. Anyways, everyone's celebrating and eating together and it's ALL great.

Now, Christmas fanatics: PLEASE let me enjoy these holidays. It is NOT Christmas season after Halloween ends. I know you think that I'm trying to kill your spirits, and I'm not. I just feel as if there's so much joy to be had during these other holidays, and if we wait for Christmas it will be so much more enjoyable when it happens. There's no fun in wearing Christmas out to the point where you're tired of it by December.

What can you celebrate always? JESUS! He's always been good, and always will be.

Although Christmas is a time to remember his birth and His presence on the earth, we can praise His name forever.

Fanatics