Goodbye Freshman Year

Goodbye Freshman Year

Goodbye to the fun times on freshman year.

29
Goodbye Freshman Year
https://unsplash.com/photos/1TuZF_ma87A

I'm sure many people are feeling how I am right now. Annoyed. Sad. Angry. Many other emotions that have all just come together to form disbelief. One of my close friends from high school is a senior this year, she has more than enough reason to be sad and upset her senior year being possibly ruined. She talked to me about how Prom was probably going to get cancelled and her second semester of senior year was just over. I envy her for having her senior year be taken in this way, because if this had happened to me last year I would have been fine. I mean don't get me wrong I would be pissed off, but at least all my friends would be thirty minuets or less away. All my classes as a second semester senior were so easy and I didn't have the motivation to go to school anyways at this point last year.

I have always lived in the same town, I always wanted to leave. But once I had moved in to my first dorm I was set to not have to move more than ten minuets away from campus. First semester I struggled a lot with making friends and finding out how to "do college" I don't think anyone has that answer though. My roommate and I did not get a long and I was constantly uncomfortable in my room. A week before thanksgiving I got approved to move across the street. It was best thing that could have happened, I was put into a suite with five really amazing girls. It took some time for me to really build a connection with them but once second semester rolled around we were getting along like we had been friends for ever.

My suite-mates are some of my closest friends that I have made in college. There are many reasons I am sad to not be living with them anymore but one of the major reasons is the support that we all gave each other in the room. If someone was having a bad day we would listen to each others rants, if one of us was at a tinder boys house we would wait up for the other to come home, when we all went out together we would make sure each person got to their desired location safely. I have heard people say "I'm going to miss the frat party's" or "How and I supposed to flirt with boys with online classes" and trust me I am saying the same thing. But the people I have gotten to live with for the past almost four months are going to be what I miss the most from having to move off campus. I am not sure what I am going to with all of them being around three hours away.