10 Things I Appreciate About My Best Friend

10 reasons why having a best friend will make your life so much better.

98
Photo by Jennifer Burk on Unsplash

She's non-judgemental.

I can say how I feel without the fear of judgment or backlash. She does her best to understand what I am going through and always offers kind advice.

She laughs at my jokes.

It's nice to have at least one person in the world that truly thinks you're funny. I enjoy knowing that no matter how terrible they are, someone will always laugh at my jokes.

She's passionate.

The amount of passion that she shows for the issues she cares about inspires me to care deeply about the issues that I care about.

She makes me want to be a better person.

My best friend challenges me to see the world in a better light. She inspires me to care more for those around me and do more to help them.

She cracks me up.

Whenever I'm feeling sad, or I need some time to deal with the stresses of my day, she always has a funny story or joke that will cheer me up.

She shows unconditional love and support.

No matter what is going on in our lives, she will drop everything to tell me some kind words. She is constantly showing support for my dreams and encouraging me in my endeavors.

She's generous.

She buys me snacks when we spend time together and sometimes even surprises me with candy.

She's empathetic.

She's always full of kind and encouraging words, and she does her best to understand what I'm going through so that she can be as supportive as possible.

She's dedicated.

She's dedicated to her job, her education, and her friends and loved ones. She puts so much time and effort into the important things and she is going to go very far in life.

She puts others first.

She is always willing to stay late or work an extra shift at her job, drive across town to bring me food, or buy incredible gifts for people. She's genuinely one of the most selfless people I know, and that inspires me to be more selfless myself.

Everytime I spend time with my best friend, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have someone in my love that cares about me so much. I am lucky to have someone that inspires me, challenges me, and listens to me.

Take a little time out of your day to tell your best friend why you love them, and appreciate how lucky you are to have that type of support in your life.