Why Tina Fey Is The Best

Why Tina Fey Is The Best

Doing things the Tina Fey Way #Sheetcaking

129
Why Tina Fey Is The Best
YouTube

If you have not seen the latest SNL Weekend Update: Tina Fey on Protesting After Charlottesville skit. I suggest you click here and watch it. Then continue to read on.

Tina Fey is notoriously known for being a writer on NBC's Saturday Night Live. Where she has also been in front of the camera as well. Though many people were wowed after watching Saturday's skit. It is not uncommon to hear Tina view her opinions of current events. She always put some comedy in it like mentioning Donald's Trump's full name being Donald John Trump, that it does not flow well. Then mentioning it does not matter because he is gorgeous. Also eating angrily mouth full of sheet cake while ranting on.

Though through all the nonsense Fey makes a very good point on participating in rallies.

"I don't want to see anymore good people to get hurt."

Fey said as her tone of voice became solemn. As we heard the news of a young woman named Heather Heyer passed away after being hit by a car that plowed into protestors in Charlottesville.

"I know a lot of us are feeling anxious and we're asking ourselves 'What can I do? I'm just one person. What can I do?"

That is true. Many people are feeling helpless in times like these.

"I would urge people this Saturday, instead of participating in the screaming matches and potential violence, find a local business you support, maybe a Jeswish-run bakery, or an African American run bakery, order a cake with the American flag on it and eat it, Colin."

Fey then just stuffs a fork full cake in her mouth and everyone laughs while Colin is confused. Tina then tells Colin with her mouth still full with cake.

"Love is love, Colin!"

Tina continues to rant on about the protests and facts that how America belonged to the Native Americans that was stolen from them. Then bringing the argument to Standing Rock when the Native Americans and supporters have a peaceful protest others are armed. As Fey continues to make more valid arguments while still eating cake. She calls it "sheetcaking".

"Sheetcaking is a grassroots movement, Colin. Most of the women I know have been doing it once a week since the election."

Fey then concludes the skit by telling everyone to not go to the protests.

"I really want to say to encourage good sane Americans, to treat these rallies this weekend like the opening of a thoughtful movie with two female leads... don't show up."

The video has more than 7 million views and many people talking about it. Though protests are continuing and many people are getting hurt and arrested. While others are sitting at home on social media eating cake and posting #sheetcaking.