Does Privacy Exist?

Does Privacy Exist?

Privacy is not a thing

613
Does Privacy Exist?
teachprivacy

Is there really a such thing as privacy, while living in 2017? We live in a world with very advanced technology and high usage of social media. It seems as though there is always someone watching, whether you know it or not.

IPhones have the ability to track your map records, places you've been, share your location and to backup all of your information from your phone into your i-cloud account. Not only that but something that you privately share with someone can be screen-shotted and sent to someone else.

Social media accounts have the ability to be shared and seen by the world, no matter how important or unimportant you thought your post was. When it is on the internet, it is there forever.

So even though your phone is yours and what you do on it is your business, is what you use it for really private and only being limited for your or those you share it to eyes only?

How would we ever know? When the government has the ability to get access to those types of things. (Just saying)

Not only does this apply to technology and the media. What about those who live with you or around you? College students who live in dorms and apartments, whether you have a roommate or not, the sound proof walls, are not as sound proof as you think.

Or even for those in high school or children living at home with their families. Mom and Dad is always in your business right? They have to know where you are going and with who. If your parents are anything like mine, the need to know the parents of your friends before you can even stay the night at their house.

Where is the privacy?

It doesn't even exist in my mom, your mom, my dad, or your dad's world either. There are certain things that they might want to hide from us kids, but cant because we are in their business just as much as they are in ours.

So does privacy really exist?

Well I'd say the only time you privacy is when you're in your moms womb and when you're at home on the toilet (if you don't have a dog or children of course).