Unravel All The New Marvel Projects Announced For Disney+

Marvel fans, rejoice!!!

1514

The date November 12 has held a great deal of weight this year in the world of pop culture. For Taylor Swift fans, it was Red day, but for Disney and Marvel fans, this day was known as Disney+ Day 2021, a day to commemorate the launch of Disney+ two years ago. This platform has been extremely successful over the past two years and with the release of Disney+ original series and films becoming more and more of a regular occurrence, it seems as though this platform will only get more popular. And to celebrate Disney+ Day 2021, Disney announced many new titles and first looks to projects that have already been made known to the public. But today, we will be focusing more on the Marvel titles and first looks that were released. This list will not be including additional seasons of shows that have already made their debuts on Disney+ such as "What If...?".

Moon Knight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Knight_(TV_series)

While Marvel Studios announced that this complex, crime-fighting vigilante would be joining their roster of heroes nearly a year ago, a great deal of information has been learned since then. Oscar Isaac will be playing the titular role of Moon Knight, also known as Marc Spector. Spector will suffer from dissociative identity disorder like his comic book counterpart, as seen in the first look released by Marvel on Disney+ Day. These multiple personalities of his will be by his side fighting in a deadly war of the gods in the setting of both modern and ancient Egypt. Other than what can be seen in this short sizzle reel, not a lot is known about what direction this series may go. Marvel Studios' "Moon Knight" will be directed by Mohamed Diab and is expected to arrive on Disney+ in 2022.

She-Hulk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She-Hulk_(TV_series)

Once again, Marvel Studios announced the arrival of She-Hulk quite some time ago, but just as in the case of "Moon Knight," new information on the series has been gathered since then. This comedy series will follow Jennifer Walters, also known as She-Hulk, a lawyer who specializes in superhuman-oriented legal cases, when she isn't too busy fighting crime and rocking the green skin while doing it. Tatiana Maslany will play Walters, and this series will also feature the return of Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner and the Hulk himself, plus the long-awaited return of Abomination, played by Tim Roth. Marvel also released this first look to the comedy series on Disney+ Day. Marvel Studios' "She-Hulk" will be directed by Kat Coiro and Anu Valia and is expected to make its debut on Disney+ in 2022.

Ms. Marvel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel_(TV_series)

Marvel Studios' "Ms. Marvel" will follow a young Pakistani American named Kamala Khan, played by Iman Vellani, as she learns how to become a superhero after receiving extraordinary powers. 16-year old Khan is an artistic video game and fan-fiction lover who has long been obsessed with the Avengers, especially Captain Marvel. This series is also taking a large leap in terms of representation as Khan is also a Muslim like her comic counterpart - the series will not be shying away from her faith. However, there has been some controversy behind this series, as some promo art has led fans to believe that this version of Ms. Marvel will receive a dramatically different set of powers from her shapeshifting abilities. Marvel released this first look at this series on Disney+ Day. Marvel Studios' "Ms. Marvel" will be directed by Adil El Arbi & Bilall Fallah, Meera Menon, and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and is set to debut on Disney+ in summer 2022.

Echo

In the case of Marvel Studios' "Echo" fans know little to nothing about what to expect from this series. We know right now that deaf and Native American actress, Alaqua Cox, will be portraying the show's namesake, Echo, also known as Maya Lopez. Lopez is the deaf and adoptive daughter of Wilson Fisk, the Marvel villain Kingpin in the comics. Lopez had a special ability to mimic any human movement she witnessed perfectly, hence her alias, Echo. It is unclear if her origin story will remain the same, but given that Marvel opted to hire a deaf actress, it can be assumed that her skillset will at the very least remain the same. Echo is set to make her initial debut in Marvel Studios' "Hawkeye," which will begin streaming on Disney+ on November 24. It is unclear what role she will play both in this series and in the long run of the MCU.

Spider-Man: Freshman Year

terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com

Marvel Studios' "Spider-Man: Freshman Year" was among some of the new MCU projects that were announced on Disney+ Day. This animated series is said to give its viewers an entirely new look at Peter Parker, showing us what it was like while he was on his way to becoming the hero known as Spider-Man in the MCU. It was also stated that this series will celebrate Spider-Man's early comic book roots and show viewers a journey unlike they've ever seen. While the show is confirmed to be canon in the MCU, it is unclear whether or not Tom Holland will be reprising his role and voicing his animated counterpart of Peter Parker.

I Am Groot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Groot

Like many other titles on this list, "I Am Groot" was announced quite some time ago, but Disney+ Day gave fans a new look at what this series may look like while also giving it a new logo featuring Baby Groot himself. This animated series of shorts will follow Baby Groot through his glory days, causing trouble in space with the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy. It is unknown if any other guardians will have significant roles in any of these animated shorts, but as a fan, I would be surprised if a certain foul-mouthed raccoon didn't make an appearance at some point. This series will likely be more aimed at a much younger demographic than any other titles on this list due to its inherently childlike tone. However, as of this moment, the show will be considered canon in the MCU.

Ironheart

terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com

Much like "Ms. Marvel," this series will follow a character who was introduced much more recently in Marvel Comics. Marvel Studios' "Ironheart" will follow Riri Williams, played by Dominique Thorne, who is indisputably a genius, creating the most advanced suit of armor the world has seen since Iron Man. Outside of that, next to nothing is known about this series. What is known, however, is that Riri Williams will be introduced prior to the release of "Ironheart" as she is set to appear in the "Black Panther" sequel, "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever." This immediately could explain how she was able to create such an advanced suit of armor since Wakanda is known for its great technological advancements. Beyond that, the future of this character has yet to be written.

Agatha: House of Harkness

terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com

The announcement of Agatha Harkness' solo series "Agatha: House of Harkness" may be one of the most exciting reveals for fans on Disney+ Day. In this series, Kathryn Hahn will be reprising her role as the fan-favorite antagonist from "WandaVision" which will reveal even more about this magic-stealing witch. And as an even bigger treat for fans, the series will be directed by Jac Schaefer, head writer and director of "WandaVision." The details behind this show are still unknown, but it would make sense for it to serve as a way to educate fans on Harkness' origin story and how she ended up in the position we all saw her in during the flashback sequence seen in "WandaVision." Hide your dogs everyone - we remember what happened to Sparky.

Marvel Zombies

terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com

If you have seen the entirety of "What If...?" then you likely already know the direction this is going in. Episode five of "What If...?" took viewers through the same world that we all have grown to love except with one minor difference: there are zombies now. "Marvel Zombies" will be another animated series that reimagines the Marvel Universe as new heroes have to step up to face what one could only describe as the zombie apocalypse. It has not been confirmed if this series will pick up where "What If...?" left off or if it will create a whole new story where the Marvel Universe gets overrun with zombies. Still, either way, viewers must be aware that the events that will be seen in this series will not be taking place in the same universe that Marvel has been following for the past 13 years, so your favorite heroes should be safe - for now.

Secret Invasion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Invasion_(TV_series)

Marvel Studios' "Secret Invasion" is yet another title that has been revealed for some time now, but this series could have one of the most significant effects on the future of the MCU. This series reveals that a faction of Skrulls, the shapeshifting aliens introduced in "Captain Marvel", have been secretly infiltrating Earth for years. Some may have infiltrated high-ranking positions in governments, and if this series is anything like the comics, there's a chance some may have taken the form of our favorite Avengers we know and love. Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn will be reprising their roles as Nick Fury and the Skrull Talos in this six-episode series, joined by MCU newcomers Emilia Clarke, Olivia Colman, Kingsley Ben-Adir, and Killian Scott. Their roles have been kept under wraps.

Without release dates, it is difficult to determine when these series will be premiering, but rest assured that these shows will bring something interesting and hopefully entirely new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2022 and beyond. Until then, fans can still get hyped for "Hawkeye," starring Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, premiering on November 24 and "Spider-Man: No Way Home," starring Tom Holland and Benedict Cumberbatch, premiering on December 17.