The 5 Stages Of Grief Every Diehard 'Pretty Little Liars' Fans Went Through

Anyone else go through the stages of grief?

18
YouTube

So, last Tuesday night at 10:00 pm, my favorite show ended forever. Pretty Little Liars is finally over, and I have a lot of feelings on the matter. Having dedicated many years of my life to following this show, I am definitely one of these people-- and the feelings I have are not very pleasant.

If you're in my boat, Alex is not who you envisioned as the perfect A.D., the final A reveal Pretty Little Liars will leave us with. What exactly was going through my head after the big moment? It was, I'm ashamed to admit, quite similar to the actual grieving process.

1. Denial

Okay, so Spencer's reflection just moved. Freaky. But, remember how many drug-addled dream sequences she has given us? Clearly that is what's happening here!

Oh, she has a British accent. This is definitely some cheesy dream caused by Spencer's sleep deprivation or something.

A.D. is still out there! This weirdo is going to finish her blabbering, Spencer will wake up, and we can FINALLY get to the good stuff...

2. Anger

Alex just admitted to being A.D. That just happened.

And Spencer has not woken up.

This is not a drill. This is not a joke.

Spencer's evil freaking twin is A.D.

*Scream

*Curse

*Throw phone

*Threaten to call in sick for work tomorrow

3. Bargaining

Clearly the best choice for A.D. was Ezra. I mean, come ON-- how good would that be?? The man was writing a secret book based on everything that happened to underage girls; how is being a super villain a big leap from that?

But, at this point... I would give anything to have any actual, regular character reveal themselves as A.D. I would rather ALLISON be A.D. at this point.

Please.

Literally, I will settle for anyone who has had any significance to the plot line that we actually knew about!!

4. Depression

That's it. I have wasted five years of my life on inventing theory after theory for nothing.

I'm never starting another TV series. I am not watching TV again in any capacity. I am not even waking up and going to work tomorrow-- how am I supposed to act happy for my campers??

5. Acceptance

Am I happy? No. Certainly not. But, there are a million outcomes that would have made me unhappy after all.

But, Pretty Little Liars has come to an end, and there's nothing I can do about that. But... Troian Bellisario is a genius who nailed playing both her original character in distress AND her bitchy, psychotic evil twin. Marlene King gave us a unique ending that almost no one saw coming.

So, thank you Pretty Little Liars for taking over my Tuesdays for the past five years. I have enjoyed every minute of it... just as I will enjoy rewatching the entire series on Netflix no less than ten times.