I Didn't Get Into My Dream School And I'm Okay With That

When you get raised your whole life to go to one school and then not get accepted, that hurts, but I'm okay with it.

7
everypixel.com

Ever since I can remember I have been raised to love the University of Florida. So, naturally, ever since I could start filling out college applications University of Florida was on the top of my list. I knew the exact test scores and classes required for me to get into the school. The day finally came when I could start taking the ACT, I worked my rear-end off to get the best possible score. When I finally got my test score in though, I fell way short and got an 18. The ACT requirement for UF was a 20, I retook my test several times and still nothing changed.

I was beyond devastated I didn't score as well as I wanted to! I cried, I can't tell you how long, that my test score wouldn't change, so I could be accepted. I emailed them so many times seeing if their was anything I could do to get in, with my bad test score. Then all the sudden it was like I had a big awakening. I realized that if God wanted me to be at University of Florida, he would've put me at University of Florida!

So I filled out an application for Missouri State. After being accepted into Missouri State and touring it, I knew that was exactly where God wanted me to be! I felt more at home at Missouri State than any other college campus I have ever been on. If at any point in the future I still want to transfer to University of Florida, I can! It is a little heartbreaking not getting in your dream school but God has a plan for everyone! So even though I grew up yelling "Chomp 'Em" I now yell "Bear Up" and I could not be happier!