​Why Do You Want To Be A Teacher?

​Why Do You Want To Be A Teacher?

It is an easy question for me to answer

120

Concluding my final year of high school, I was asked countless questions about my future and what I wanted to with the rest of my life in regards to a career. I would result to telling those who were concerned that I had an interest in a career that excelled monetarily and held prestige in the community, rather than telling them that I wanted to involve myself in a career that I actually would enjoy.

Teaching has been on the surface of my mind for years now, due to the benefits and summers off. Despite the education profession having a lacking pay, the thought of shaping the lives of children through education early on in my career really intrigues me. The education profession has fantastic benefits, vacations, daily problem solving, and permits the educator to shape the lives of children daily.

Over the past summer, I worked in a daycare center to get a feel for the education-related path to discover if it was suitable for me. I became very involved in the center and truly began to appreciate going to work.

Many children are faced with different backgrounds outside of the center; however, when they were in my vicinity I could create a platform that made all of them feel like they had an equal opportunity to excel.

This was an important lesson that I learned early on, and I realized the importance of striving to incorporate in my classroom no matter the position or place that I am in within my career. Over the course of three months working I the center, I was satisfied to observe the students intellectual growth based on interactions that they had with one another and through experiences that they had.

Following this three month endeavor, I realized that monetary gain is not the result of intellect and true growth in an aspiring career path. Happiness and perseverance are what it takes to excel beyond stigmas and predisposed opinions.

I personally aspire to teach and gain experience in the classroom and would like to eventually become an administrator to direct and lead those who feel the same about education and its potential to be respected by those in all career paths. It is crucial that the education career path is respected, as educators have the next generation of doctors, engineers, and yes, teachers at their fingertips.

Finding different ways to overcome issues in the classroom is one of the main things that makes me want to be a teacher. Problem-solving and hard work is something that I aspire to do on a daily basis. As an educator creating rapport is one of the most important things a teacher can do in the classroom, and that is why I plan on integrating a safe environment for my students in which there is mutual respect between my students and me when I can problem solve along with my students.

All and all, with the benefits that the education profession permits, the aspect of daily problem solving, and the innate ability to shape the lives of the next generation; a career in education is most definitely what I envision myself doing for the remainder of my life.