December Is The Best Month Of The Year

December Is The Best Month Of The Year

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

43
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqt3-boH1qP/
cozywiinter on Instagram

Thanksgiving is over and that means November is quickly coming to an end once again. With the dropping of leaves and the temperature, comes the first snowfall, Christmas movies and music, and the sudden burst of reds and greens! My Decembers each year also bring BOTH of my sister's birthdays, MY birthday and then Christmas with New Year's Eve! Despite it being one of the busiest months of the year if not THE busiest month, it is definitely my favorite.

The first reason for it being my favorite month is that on the first day of December, I get to celebrate my younger sister's birthday along with my uncles. She is just two years younger than me and so each year growing up we would share birthday parties! This meant lots of fun to start off the celebratory month. We'd enjoy bowling parties, gymnastics parties or even just game parties in our own home. It is always fun to celebrate a birthday with family and friends! This applies to my youngest sister's birthday on the 12th of December as well!

My birthday falls just a week before Christmas Eve on December 17th. This leaves for three weeks of celebration considering just a week after Christmas Eve is New Year's Eve! It truly does become one of the most wonderful times of the year.

Some of my favorite things to do in the month of December are go Christmas shopping, listen to Christmas music, watch Elf and The Polar Express on repeat, go sledding, skiing, and spend time with my family. This year my family and I are going to New York City for a few days which I am excited for because of how decorated the city is at this time of year! Overall December is a time to reflect and spend time with those that you love. It truly is my favorite month of the year.