Dear COVID-19

Dear COVID-19

A letter to the virus that caused our global pandemic.

108
Dear COVID-19

Dear COVID-19,

First of all, dude what the heck. You've taken so much from people. I'm going to make this personal, I'm a high school senior. I was supposed to be able to go to my senior prom, my senior graduation, and other students' graduation parties. I was supposed to be able to see my classmates for at least another two months. We were supposed to have honor night, to present scholarships won. Now, none of this can happen and it's all because of you. So, COVID-19 if you were a person or even a being I would scream at you until I lost my voice. You have taken and taken and taken so much from so many people and I'm sick of it. Please stop. Many people are struggling so much, and I feel helpless like there's nothing I can do to help. And that's probably the worst part. Feeling helpless while being forced to focus on homework and people are dying due to a virus and the only thing that you can do to help is staying in your house. That takes a huge mental toll on a person and we're all going through it. However, I believe there's something that we can take away from this global pandemic.

The key to surviving any atypical event, in my opinion, is balance. While we're self-isolating and quarantining ourselves this becomes apparent. Learning the balance between online school and free-time, snacking and eating healthy, family time and alone time. These are the things that I have been learning through the past couple of weeks. Don't let me fool you though, I have still struggled a lot, like a lot. I've struggled with motivation like does school even matter right now? I mean yeah, but it sure doesn't feel like it. I've also been struggling with getting along with my family. We all tend to step on each others' toes, a lot. Learning how to compromise on a movie to watch or a game to play, seems like a simple task. In my household, I can assure you it's not.

So, COVID-19 I can say you are the worst and please stop and go away. But also thanks, I guess, because you've given my family time to slow down and come together and get to know one another more. But still, I hate you and please go away.