Dear Boss Lady

Dear Boss Lady

Thank you for literally everything.

95
Dear Boss Lady
Unsplash

Dear Boss Lady,

Thank you.

Thank you for giving me my first long-term job. You gave me the opportunity when I needed it most. I was only 18 and had just moved to Georgia less than 6 months prior to starting for you. I’ve worked for you for three years now, and even though it’s been a very long three years, I am very grateful. You’ve helped me adapt to different circumstances and adjust under short notice.

I moved to Georgia at the ripe age of 18 and only worked a seasonal position at Six Flags Over Georgia. You interviewed me and hired me on the spot in February of 2015. I didn't think I would be there that long, but damn it's been a long almost 3 years! I doubt you remember this, but I was quiet when I started at Ingles. (Hard to believe right?) I remember only working there a few weeks before you wanted to put me on mornings because you thought I might be a morning person. You moved me around all over the department and I was forced to learn multiple things at once, and I never thought I would know how to do so many sandwiches and trays all at once! I've met my best friends at this store, and most of which in the deli. You're a great boss, and you have got to be the most flexible when it comes to college courses and the career I'm pursuing.

Thank you for believing in me. You gave me my first full-time job against what you believed. You made me into the woman I am today. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself, even when I gave you every reason not to. You’re the best boss I could ask for, and I am grateful to call you a good friend. I'm glad that I know I can count on you for anything work-related, as well as a good laugh outside fo work. Believe it or not, I am going to miss that place when I leave.

“Best friendship” & mermaid tattoos; still need to get that done!