Dating In 2020

Dating In 2020

Real talk about dating in today's society.

70
Dating In 2020

Dating has changed so much in the past twenty years. When our parents were growing up and started dating things were very different. There was no social media, there also was not the "Hookup" culture that we are living in now. In the past the "talking phase" was actually called dating. There wasn't all this "well we are talking so i don't know what we really are" in my experience if you are "talking" to a guy he is also talking to at LEAST one other girl at the same time. But as I have watched many romantic movies that are from the early 2000's and I have listened to my extended family talk about their lives. I have learned that the way dating used to go was; you went on a date, then maybe a few more, waiting for a phone call, then if things were going well he asked you to be his girlfriend, also sleeping with people was supposed to be held off until the third date.

In today's society the way "dating" goes is; getting someone's Snapchat, snapping for a few days, weeks maybe even a couple months, possibly hanging out a few times, the girl is almost always left wondering "what are we?" but as soon as the boy is asked that dreadful question the girl gets, ghosted or blocked. Rarely does it work out that the guy says "I really like you and I want to date you" if that does happen at this point they start actually dating. 2020's version of waiting for a guy to call is being left on delivered on Snapchat.

Girls have allowed boys to never mature, we have become enablers of their emotionless lives. We always come up with reasons as to why they are the way that they are like "they had a bad break up and they just haven't recovered yet" not a real excuse though because girls go through bad break ups quite often and we are still putting ourselves out there. I think the reason is that they have never had a reason to mature. The reason that boys used to have to ask girls on dates is because girls were not easy. Girls would have not been supported by their friends if they stayed at a guys house after going to the bar or after a party. However, in 2020 if I go up to my friends and say "yeah I stayed at his house last night..." I would get a high five and asked for details of how it was, and if I was going to try and see him again, of course sober this time. Boys used to have to actually put in the work, they had to buy dinners, be pleasant and if they weren't interesting then they didn't call for another date.

I have never had a boyfriend but I have a lot of guy friends. With having many guy friends I have discovered that girls are also very hard to understand because, girls will say "I just want a guy to treat me right" "someone to cuddle with". A few of my friends are really nice guys that want to treat a girl right and treat her like the Queen she is. But when my friends meet girls the girls always lose interest because they aren't fuckboys. Which goes directly against what they said they wanted. When asking a girl about this they might reply with "Well I'm just trying to have fun right now" if having "fun" is all they really want then they should stop leading on the nice guys because eventually the nice boys will get hurt too many times and then say "fuck it" and stop treating girls like the Queen's they are.