Dates To Take Yourself On
Dating

9 Fun Dates To Take Yourself On, Because You Deserve It

You deserve to treat yourself and make yourself happy.

179
https://www.pexels.com/photo/rear-view-of-woman-247361/

There is a saying that "If you aren't happy with yourself then how can you expect someone else to make you happy?" We sometimes think that once we get a partner that we are automatically happy and everything in our life is better and nothing but sunshine and rainbows. That isn't true, the truth is that no one can make you happy other than yourself. You always have to make sure you love yourself and accept yourself before someone else can. YOU DEFINE YOURSELF NOT ANOTHER PERSON! Sometimes when we give all our energy to other people, we forget to give that same energy to ourselves.

I know it can be hard to spend time alone and getting to know yourself can be a scary, lonely thing but in order to give yourself to another person, you have to know yourself and what you like. It's kind of like dating yourself: building a healthy, loving, and kind relationship with yourself, learning about what makes you tick and makes you happy,

Here are nine fun date ideas for you to enjoy and spend some much needed "Me time".

1. Go to a pet store and play with some puppies

rebloggy.com/post/gif-gifs-baby-cute-puppies-pug-siz/132048331072

There is nothing that would make you smile more then spending some time playing with adorable puppies.

2. Go to a coffee shop

https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/beautiful-young-hipster-woman-sitting-in-a-coffee-shop-relax-an_1025743.htm

Take a good book, your laptop, or journal out to a coffee shop. Spend some time relaxing with a large version of your favorite coffee or tea.

3. Bake yourself a treat or a meal

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahhan/what-product-should-everyone-who-loves-to-bake-own?utm_term=.bdrk0mNG9#.okx2BVR71

Nothing is better then learning how to cook for yourself. So go ahead, look up a recipe, and treat yourself to learning how to make a homecooked meal or a sweet dessert treat.

4. Mini Road Trip

https://giphy.com/explore/road-trip

It doesn't have to be a far away place or expensive.Take a trip to some town you never been before and just explore.

5. Go to the movies

https://medium.com/@aaronjayledesma/7-signs-that-you-suck-and-ruin-the-movie-going-experience-4f1610ed21b5

There is always that one movie that you really want to see but you can't get anyone to go with you. I know you may feel like it's embarrassing to go by yourself but don't even worry about it! If you want to go see a movie, go out and see one. Grab some popcorn, get comfortable and enjoy yourself.

6. Have a photo shoot

I'm not saying go out and spend a bunch of money on a photographer and taking pictures. I'm saying use a webcam, a polaroid camera, or just your phone to take pictures. Dress up in fun costumes and let loose. It's all about being silly and having fun.

7. Have a fun day dedicated to being creative

Spend the day letting your creative ways run free. Do some coloring, sketching, painting, writing, scrapbooking, designing, or whatever artsy thing you want. Even if you aren't an artsy person, it all about how calming and tranquil you feel while doing it.

8. Give yourself a spa day

http://ascronicasdeumcoelhobranco.blogspot.com/2015/07/objetivos-para-as-ferias.html

Give yourself a spa day, a full day of relaxation and pampering. Take a bubble bath, get your nails and toenails done, face mask, makeup done, etc.

9. Go out on a shopping spree

https://tenor.com/search/shopping-spree-gifs

Now I am not telling you to break the bank and spend thousands of dollars. There are thousands of shops to go and shop at with reasonable prices. Nothing wrong with going crazy at the dollar store, thrift store or Target. Any place works as long as you treat yourself to something nice because you deserve it.