'Dangerous Woman' Album Review

'Dangerous Woman' Album Review

"Somethin' 'bout you, makes me feel like a dangerous woman."

22
'Dangerous Woman' Album Review
Idolator

On May 20, 2016, pop princess, Ariana Grande, released her much matured, less "bubblegum pop" album "Dangerous Woman." Even though it's been a few months since this album has been released, I still cannot get over how great this album really is! So, I have decided to break down the album track by track, and give a review of each song.

1. "Moonlight"

The original title song for the album. It's very cutesy and soothing. The vocals are amazing. A good nighttime song for when you want to sleep (hence the name moonlight). It has a '50s-60s feel to the beat, and it's a slower song (obviously). The strings in this song are A. Maz. Ing.

2. "Dangerous Woman"

The title song for this album and the first single. It's very sexy and sensual. You may want to strip to it. It should be used for 50 Shades Darker. The guitar solo in this song is just something special, honestly.

3. "Be Alright"

One of my personal favorites. It's an upbeat, feel good song. I fell in love with the choreography from SNL. The beat of this song is so mesmerizing, and the bass is just wow. As always, vocals on point. I'm very sad there wasn't like another minute added to this song because two minutes isn't cutting it for me, honestly.

4. "Into You"

When this song came out, I literally played it nonstop. The beat is amazing. The transition from the verse to the chorus is so flawless, and the chorus is so great. The song itself is also very sensual, which I'm starting to understand is a trend in this album. I relate to Joan (Ariana's mom) freaking out over how flawless the bridge is.

5. "Side to Side (ft. Nicki Minaj)"

Being Caribbean, I have a respect for this song. I really like this song, however not as much as like "Into You" or "Greedy." However, I love the chorus and Nicki's verse. I also really like the reggae feel to this song, like it should be played in coffee shops

6. "Let Me Love You (ft. Lil Wayne)"

At first, I thought this was a strange pairing. However, after i played it and listened to it fully, I fell in love. It's also very slow and sensual. Lil Wayne's verse is so good (which is a shock). The music video to this is also amazing.

7. "Greedy"

My number one fave of this album. Right off the bat, I fell in love. It's so funky and groovy. I relate to this song 100 percent as well. I played this song in my car, and I was mind blown. It's such an upbeat song, and I'm absolutely sold. The bridge has a really good break down that just calms me until the key change after.This actually mademade me scream at the top of my lungsat 11:30 at night.

8. "Leave Me Lonely (Ft. Macy Gray)"

This song is the definition of the blues (of the modern day of course). The first verse is very sultry and smooth and it gives me chills. The chorus is very smooth as well. Ariana's voice is made for this song. Macy's and Ariana's chemistry in this song is very well executed.

9. "Everyday (Ft. Future)"

To be honest, I never gave this song as many plays that I should've. I really like it however I have to be in the mood. Honestly the chorus is just meh, but the verses are impeccable. And Future's verse is great as well.

10. "Sometimes"

Aside from the weird "lalala" moment in the beginning, this song is very well done. It's a great "cool down" song because all the other songs were dance numbers or stripping numbers. Ariana's voice with the guitar is a great pairing and it's so heartfelt and smooth.

11. "I Don't Care"

This song really exudes the R&B of the album. It's very sensual in the beginning and it gets better from there. It's so sexy and sultry, you may want to give someone a lap dance to it.

12. "Bad Decisions"

One of my friends was really hyping this song up and I was like, "Girl, no snippets came from it." But when this song started, I fell in love! It's a new style of a love song that Ariana is known for (essentially).

13. "Touch It"

Honestly, if I had to have a least favorite song, this would be it. However I like this song, it's not for me. The lyrics of the chorus are good, however the style and the execution aren't what I expected. Long story short, I don't like it.

14. "Knew Better / Forever Boy"

OK no one was hyping this song up. It's another R&B-ish song. The first part ("Knew Better") is lowkey shady, and I'm living for it. It's a very ego-boosting song. In the second part ("Forever Boy"), the beat picks up, and it turns into more pop and less R&B but it's so well executed. The chorus is my fav.

15. "Thinking Bout You"

This song is very interesting in a great way. It goes from a sentimental, slow progression into a chorus that picks up and makes the song how amazing it really is.

Overall, this album is a very well put together album. I understand why Ariana took two years from "My Everything" to work on it. It has so much thought and it's very well executed. Ariana is going for a more mature, R&B vibe, and she did just that with this album. (No tea, no shade, if it weren't for "Touch It," I'd like every song on the album.)

If you haven't blessed your ears with this iconic momentous album, please do so immediately.