Daily Thoughts of A Cat Mom

Daily Thoughts of A Cat Mom

A little insight into the daily life with a cat.

11
Daily Thoughts of A Cat Mom
YouTube

I've had cats nearly my entire life, but I'd never really considered myself a "cat mom" until I got my current cat, Avalon. The term "fur baby" doesn't even begin to encompass how much (excessive) attention that my girl needs. But she also drives me a little nuts at times. Here are some of my daily thoughts that I have with her.

*hears random crunching/munching*

Me: "What are you eating?" Please don't let it be an electrical cord.

*random meowing and circling my legs*

Me: "What?"

*meow*

"Do you need food?" -I check her bowl- "You don't need food."

*meow* -I pet her- *happy purr and ceasing of meowing*

*random thing falls*

Me: "What did you knock over this time?"

-I open my fridge-

*meows and climbs in*

Me: "Cats don't go in the fridge!"

-struggles to get her out-

Me: "Want to play?"

*meows at toy in my hand*

-I toss/move the toy-

*lays down and just stares at me*

"Why do I even bother?"

-lays down for nap-

*meows and hops up on my bed*

Me: "Yes?"

-pets her-

*lays down and purrs me to sleep*

"Maybe you aren't so bad."

-getting into the shower-

*MEOW*

Me: "What baby girl"

-as I'm starting to shower-

*MEOW*

"You can'-"

*hops onto edge of tub and peeks around the curtain at me, meows*

"If you come in here and get wet, that's your own fault."

-standing at my dresser combing my hair/putting on clothes-

*meows and jumps up onto the dresser and puts her paws on my chest and rubs against my face*

Me: "This is why it takes me forever to get ready in the morning."

-laying down watching TV so she could cuddle-

Me: "Okay, if you don't want to cuddle, I'm going to do homework."

-gets out homework and starts on it-

*meows and jumps onto my books*

"And this is why it takes me forever to do my homework."

These are only a few of the things that my cat does that cause me to have typical "cat mom" thoughts. But at the end of the day, I know this is what life is like with a cat. In no way am I more a cat person over a dog person, I just happen to only have a cat at this time. Having animals is hard work, but they make wonderful company and companions.