12 Reasons Dad's Weekend Is The Best Weekend

12 Reasons Dad's Weekend Is The Best Weekend You'll Ever Experience

You always hear the hype about Dad's weekend, but just wait till you experience it yourself.

818

I hope that each and every one of you gets to experience Dad's weekend because it is definitely one you cannot forget. Stay tuned for when my mom comes to town cause that weekend will probably be even more eventful than this. Maybe even keep your ear out for parent's weekend cause that will no doubt be the best one yet.

1. Everyone loves dads.

I have no words as to how much other college students love seeing a dad. I always knew because it's been fun in the past when dads came to visit, but let me tell you, people adore them. Strangers will do so much more for you if your dad is around.

2.  Your dad will make more friends in a weekend than you will in a semester.

I would leave my father for a solid minute or two and come back to him bonding with a bunch of guys I don't even know.

3. You can show your dad how crazy Tallahassee actually is.

I always go home and tell my parents all the crazy stories from this city and they never believe me. Plus, Dad's Weekend gives you a chance to show your dad that you aren't the only person in Tallahassee that goes out almost as much as they go to class, if not more. Gives them a nice perspective.

4. Dad = Uber rides that aren't on you or your friends expense. 

We all know that we spend a fortune on Ubers because no one wants to catch themselves walking down dark streets by themselves, but when your dad is here, it's his Uber receipt, not yours.

5. Dad's Weekend gives you a reason to visit every bar in Tally.

You have to give him a little taste of everything, so Dad's weekend is the perfect excuse to go everywhere you want to that night.

6. Frats + Dads = Golden 

At first, I was slightly scared to bring my father to a fraternity, but let me tell you, I think he actually loved it. It also was quite exciting to see a glimpse of how he behaved back when he was a frat boy in college.

7. It's like a break from Tally and you don't have to go anywhere 

It's like a visit home, yet you didn't drive all those hours to get there. It's refreshing to have a break to visit your parents at home, no one can say they don't ever miss home, but it's the best of both worlds when they come to visit you.

8. Dads get more respect. 

After a long night of being out and about on the town, you and your friends always end up at some kind of place that sells food and usually you sit there forever, waiting to be served. But when dads are in town that, that waiter comes quickly and is an entirely new attentive person, ready to serve you.

9. Free breakfast, need I say more?

It may sound small and insignificant, but breakfast is always my favorite part when parents come to visit. It's breakfast, not from a fast food place like Starbucks, McDonald's, or Dunkin, like college students are used to. It gives you a chance to relax, talk, catch up, drink coffee, and realize how much you missed that man sitting across from you while you chow down on biscuits, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and anything else you want that morning.

10. No one messes with you when dads are around.

As a girl in a college town as party filled as ours, we all have experienced the drunk guy who won't leave you alone trying to talk, flirt, or dance with you, but this one grievance is relieved when our dads are there. No boy in his right mind will try to bother you when your dad is there to watch over you.

11. Dad gets to meet everyone. 

Whenever I go home, I talk about numerous people that my parents have no clue who they are. They simply nod along, trying to follow the stories I tell them, but when you bring them to town, they get to meet everyone, not just your roommates or the people from your home town.

12. It's your dad. 

When I began writing this article I didn't know where to start because no words can explain why Dad's Weekend is great. It's just a given in my head. It's your dad, how can one expect to not have a great time even if you just end up playing cards and eating pizza with your roommates and him. There are infinite reasons why Dad's weekend is great, but I'm not sure I can even put them into words correctly to justify it.