Things you know to be true if you are a Daddy's girl
popular

13 Things You Know To Be True If You Are A Daddy’s Girl

He's your best friend, first love, and dad all in one.

1914
Kayleigh Duprel

The unbreakable bond between a daughter and her dad is such a special gift. To a daughter, her father is her best friend and hero. He knows how to make you smile, laugh, and feel loved and protected at all times. If you are a daddy's girl, you know these things to be so relatable and true.

1. You can never be too old to crawl up in Daddy's lap

It's the safest and sweetest place to be.

2. You probably inherited a great taste in music

Dad's always seem to have the best taste in music. It's great to be able to bond over old records and great music from when he grew up. And, of course, everyone knows you have the best taste in music.

3. Car rides with your dad are the best

A car ride full of rock and roll jams and conversations about old memories, life, and God.

4. You think your dad is the wisest man on the planet

Any time I have a question about history, science, the Bible, or just about anything really, my dad is the go-to guy.

5. You and your dad can talk for hours about anything

You ask him one question and it begins a huge rabbit trail of long and deep conversations, and you love every minute of it.

6. You steal all of his old shirts and sweaters

Dad's old, comfy, fuzzy sweaters from the 80s and 90s are the absolute best, and stylish too.

7. You can get out of practically any punishment.

In a father's eyes, his little princess can do no wrong, which came in handy growing up and getting out of numerous spankings or groundings with those big, sad, puppy dog eyes.

8. He is such a goofball and you are always having fun when you're together

When it comes to something as simple as going to the store, you are cracking jokes and running around being silly. He knows all the best cheesy "dad jokes" of course and doesn't care if he looks or sounds goofy because it puts a smile on your face.

9. You keep any news of having a boyfriend solely to your mom because your dad is waaaayyy too picky and overprotective

Introducing your dad to your new bo is a terrifying moment because you know it will end with a drawn-out interrogation about every detail of that guy's life.

10. You are used to being called by anything but your actual name

Nicknames like "Baby, Pumpkin, and Shug," just to name a few.

11. You know how a woman should be treated

You know that a man should be opening the door for you, complimenting you, and being the best gentleman he can be because that's the example your dad has demonstrated for you.

12. You are beyond excited for the day he gets to walk you down the aisle and have your father-daughter wedding dance

Of course you have your song picked out already, and every time it plays it brings a smile to your face.

13. You know without a shadow of a doubt that your dad will always be the most important man in your life

A father is a daughter's first love, and even the man you marry can never take that place. You just hope to find a man who is even half as great as your dad is.

Dads are our biggest heroes and the only man we can count on to show us unconditional love. He is someone who you can talk to for hours and you enjoy every moment spent with him. He taught you how to both play and work hard, laugh and maybe even cry, and you know that your relationship is a timeless bond that you will both cherish forever. Thanks, Daddy, for being you.