My Dad Moved Across The Country For Work, But We Still Make Time For Family Adventures

When life throws obstacles your way, you have to find a way to work around them. Change is good, it makes you acknowledge all that you should be grateful for!

214

Last summer my dad moved to California for job purposes. This was a deeply discussed topic of conversation in our household for a while, so we knew it was coming, but when the day actually came for him to leave, we were all of course in tears.

Why California? Well, because it's our second home. We've vacationed there every summer since I was born. We've driven up and down the west coast and I even took my first steps there at my aunt's house. Oh, and visited Disneyland about fifteen times! The sun is always shining and the people are chill and extremely friendly. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous of him. I wish I hopped on the airplane when I had the chance!

It's been a year since he moved and there have been some good and bad days, but we take them as they come! Positive attitudes, many Facetime calls, family group chats, and monthly visits are what have kept my family strong throughout this adjustment in our lives.

Facetiming Wayne at my college desk.

This past weekend my dad came home to Long Island and we all drove to the Hamptons and Montauk to get some yummy food and shop around. It was such an amazing time spent together. The weather was beautiful and he had a great time seeing everyone. One of our favorite places to eat in Montauk is Harvest On Fort Pond, so we went there for dinner after getting drinks at this cute bar in East Hampton. I highly recommend if you're in the area! There's nothing my dad loves more than walking around cute little towns with his family, window shopping, getting some yummy baked goods, and eating a well-cooked meal to top it all off!

My mom and dad at Round Swamp Farm getting baked goods.

We also drove to Fire Island and spent some time at Robert Moses beach. My mother, the fitness fanatic of our family, suggested we go on a walk down the beach to where the local restaurant and bars are located. It was a 3-mile walk...in the sand. We were exhausted by the time we got there... and by we, I mean ME! We enjoyed margaritas and beers at this place called SURF'S OUT and took some pictures, of course!

This past weekend was definitely one for the books and I can't wait for many more adventures in the future! Wayne is off to California and back to grinding at work, but he'll be back at the end of August to drive me back to Rhody for school.